Chapter 216

Kol stood in a suit in his sister's suite in the Big House where Rebekah had been getting ready. She did look rather stunning in her fairy tale ball gown, and her hair done in a more... traditional style of their mortal days. The braids were delicate, but plentiful.

"Where'd you find the kransen?" Kol asked.

"Elijah had it remade like my old one," she admitted.

He nodded as he walked into the room, his hands stuffed in his pockets. "You look beautiful," he assured her.

"Truly?" she asked nervously, wringing her hands together.

"You look stunning," he promised as he walked over. "I do have something blue, and old, but it's also new, given this era's traditions," he informed her as he carefully pulled it from his pocket.

"I know Marcellus will not think to give it to you, but I wish you fair fortunes, and a prosperous union, Rebekah, and much happiness," he said as he produced the old amulet. It was his particular amulet, one he had forged a thousand years ago it was one of the only things he always kept on himself, but he felt it should go to his sister.

"I can't..." she whispered as she stared at it.

"I had a jeweler touch it up, and I did touch up on the magic in it, but," he held it out for her. "I believe you need this more than I," he murmured honestly.

"I can't take your Mjöllnir," she breathed as she stared at it.

"I bequeath it to you, Rebekah, may your union be everything you desire, and may your children be plentiful, and may you protect them as the shieldmaiden you are," he said as he stepped behind her, carefully putting it on before she could truly deny it. There was a simple sapphire he had put in the silver a thousand years ago, and the work was simple because he'd never been a jeweler, but it was his, and it was powerful, he wanted Rebekah to have it.

"Kol, you... this is for, Davina," she started.

"I need the universe to stop that, when Davina and I should decide to get married, you can give me a new one, or better, give one to Davina, but this is for you and our traditions, sister, nothing more."

"Kol," she started again.

He kissed her cheek. "I'll see you out there," he promised as he left before she could protest.

Kol walked towards where the party would be happening; or the ceremony, or whatever it was that Rebekah and Marcel had planned. He saw Davina with Hayley, her own hair was done up in elaborate braids, loose and cascading around her shoulders and down her back. There were magnolias in her hair like a small crown, she looked stunning though he had no bloody clue where she'd gotten the magnolias but there were plenty of Earth witches around to make them bloom. He rather liked the dark blue on her, and the flowing satin of navy blue, it was fetching. Not as fetching, but then Davina was a creature of fire.

She smiled as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, and he chuckled as he walked over to her and Hayley.

"And how are you stunning ladies?" he asked with a flirtatious smile on his lips.

"Fabulous," Hayley giggled. "I'm impressed with how this came together!"

"It is beautiful," he agreed.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the bride's side of the aisle?" Davina asked.

"I have time to talk to the two prettiest women in the room," Kol pointed out.

"Don't let Bekah hear you say that," Hayley mused.

"She's not in the room," he countered. "Moment she's in the room, you two will be the second and third prettiest women here," he informed them as he draped himself around Davina. He was pleased with how Davina leaned back against him.