Chapter 233

Lucien watched, enraged, as the Mikaelsons left. The sight of Finn was unexpected, given the well-known fact his death had caused the panicky up start of the sire line panic. Finn's death had started this, but Kol's mortality had created new problems. Many vampires were now mortal, but as Aurora was distinctly not sired to Kol's line, it was problematic. The nonchalance Kol had about his own mortality was startling; Lucien didn't remember the Northman being so monogamous or relaxed. No matter, Lucien would get what he needed to get, one way or another he was breaking the Mikaelsons.

Lucien smiled though as a plan started to formulate in his mind.

Mortality was such a pesky existence for any witch, and given the invasive ways of the twenty-first century, he could use this to his advantage. It wasn't a stretch that Kol was vile as a mortal as he had been when he was a vampire; especially when the immortal's reputation had exceeded Niklaus' and Mikael's as the Mikaelson to fear. Kol Mikaelson was the Mikaelson never quiet in control, never fully stable, never fully right; he was a lunatic after all. However, Lucien had noticed the way Kol hovered over his darling little witch.

A petite brunette with large, bright blue eyes and all angles. She had been a rather impish creature, reminisce of the fairies he and Aurora used to hunt in the gardens. A surprisingly homely creature though compared to the other women of Kol Mikaelson.

Lucien snagged Kol's old flute as he walked through the crowds. Setting up Kol would be a simple matter. And in the process, it would destroy the mortal Mikaelson completely, and drive the family mad knowing they could not save their brother. Oh, this was too good not to do, and Lucien would take great joys in orchestrating the bloody tragedy of Kol Mikaelson and his love. Because hurting Kol would destroy the Mikaelson given their 'Forever & Always' bullshit. They would turn their backs on Kol, abandon him in his time of need, and then, only then, would they be scrambling as their precious brother broke them. Because if there was one thing Lucien was certain of, it was that when they abandoned Kol again, he'd destroy them all if he thought they had taken his precious toy away from him.

"So, darling Alexis, what are you seeing now?" he asked his witch as she stood calmly away from the Sisters, she fell into step with him.

"Why don't you take a look for yourself?" she offered as she held out her wrist for him.

"Don't mind if I do," he purred as he took her wrist and sunk his fangs into her tender skin.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Kol roused a little when the morning sun was filtering through the window. Davina was already up, he knew here well enough to know that, even if she wasn't a morning person. Groaning, Kol pushed himself up and reluctantly left his bed as he sought out his lover. He still loathed the modern term 'girlfriend' with a fiery passion, it was just so gawdy and tacky. Davina was doing yoga when he found her, and she was drinking coffee, which explained how she was doing yoga.

Kissing her cheek as he walked for the kitchen he started pouring himself some of the coffee and prepping breakfast for them. Kol also grabbed himself a glass of water; pesky aspect of being thirty and mortal was hangovers. Still, he could out drink most anyone, and he was fine needing a few glasses of water, and ibuprofen in the morning. Kol knocked it all back with ease, though he wasn't always a fan of modern medicine, they did have some nifty things; ibuprofen was high on this list. Breakfast was easy enough to cook, provided he wasn't distracted by Davina, fuck him, he really was a sucker for her and yoga. It wasn't long before Davina finished her routine before coming over to him, flushed, glistening with sweat and her face was smiling; fuck him, he wanted to do more than steal a kiss her right now. Davina kissed his cheek as she walked by, grabbing the coffee to pour herself more, and he nudged a glass of water towards her, which she accepted.