Chapter 305

Kol watched Davina sleep, she slept hard and soundly, which had him tracing over her cheek. In another life they had choices, options, and a different life, and he was grateful to know that. Carefully he slipped out of his room to collect a few things for Hope. Vincent had messaged back that he would arrive tomorrow with the things Kol had listed out for Nik and Davina. For the most part, Hope's things would be here. Kol quietly collected them, peeking in on Hope, who was passed out on her bed. Kol was quick to collect the family photos, he saw the photo Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Hayley had taken when they had reunited for the first time, the old polaroid was a bit battered. There was also Freya's wedding photo, he picked up the old family portrait too they had taken when Hope was seven. He snagged up a few pieces of jewelry he knew were Hayley's, he checked them over as he slipped them into his pocket, there was also a jacket from Hayley he knew Hope had, he snagged it. Kol walked to Freya's room, Nik was sleeping with his mother.

Carefully Kol snagged a few bits of Freya's jewelry, and Keelin's, he picked up a few cloths for his nephew, and he picked out a few photos, baby photos Freya always traveled with. When he had those he retreated back to his room. Davina was still sleeping soundly, her head buried in her pillow, her dark hair a stark contrast to the light sheets. He checked her breathing before he sat at the desk and pulled out a piece of paper.

Hope Andrea Mikaelson,

You will hate me, loath me, even despise what I am about to do, but do not blame Davina, she did it because I asked, because this version of your aunt loves unconditionally still, and just as fiercely as your actual aunt.

There is nothing here for you, my little nerd, we are too far broken, too far gone, and long since lost. The fractures of this time, and the responsibilities placed upon you should never have gotten here, you are seventeen and there is a life to be lived, and I would be remised to deny you a true chance to live that life.

You have lost much, and you've just lost what was left, but this is a new time, little witch. There is a version of your father and your mother here, whom love you, and will love you all the same. They will not replace your parents, I know, I would be a piss poor uncle if I could tell you they would, but they will love you, and care for you, and that's more than you've gotten since your parents died. You're about to have siblings, you will no longer be the lone tribrid, and you'll find that to be a good thing. Odin knows if I didn't have your father, uncles, and aunt I wouldn't have lived near as long as I did, and siblings are always going to have your back, even when you hate each other's guts; and there'll be times you despise each other. From what this version of Davina has told me, you'll even have cousins, and a school where you'll actually learn magic from Mikaelsons and New Orleans witches, and you will not be 'The Great Evil's Daughter' there.

Yes, Niklaus did terrible things, but you are not tainted because of him. You are strong because of him. There were many admirable qualities about my brother, he was resilient, relentless, compassionate, passionate, intelligent, cunning, charming, and when he wanted to be, he could be benevolent and merciful; there were many admirable qualities of your mother, she was wild, fun, stubborn, cutthroat, commanding, and most of all, she was kind and loving, and she loved you above all else. You are more than a Great Evil's Daughter, Hope, and I have a terrible feeling you've never gotten to experience that life. You are a Mikaelson, we're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues and we're unafraid of the occupational hazards of being Vikings, but we're also a dying breed here, and unwelcomed and unwanted most of the time in this timeline. And that is not fair for you, or for Nik. And when Nik is old enough, he'll receive the note I have written for him, but you both deserve better.

This time is doomed. To which I accept, and I will remain here, with your aunts and uncle, and my wife, and we will watch over you from the Halls of Valhalla. But you do not deserve to be condemned here, little witch.