Chapter 221

"Good morning class," Davina walked into the room with her head held high, the heels of her boots clicked heavily, she flicked her wrist so the drapes opened as she walked down the aisle of desks. "It appears Professor Kalaiselvan will not be in today to teach Divination Arts so, because my seeing skills are rubbish, I was thinking we would go out to have a bit of fun with magic."

"Who are you?" one of the teens spoke and Davina turned to look at the class of confused witches and werewolves.

"I apologize, it has been a bit since I was home to teach a class, I am Davina Claire," she introduced. "Harvest Girl of Fire. Co-Founder of the Skulk, and co-founder of this institution."

"You're..." one of the teens looked awestruck as Davina looked over the kids. A lot of the children who had found the school had run from the foster care system, which was unexpected but then there were many kids sent here by privilege from their Covens, it was a surprising mix. There were other kids too, werewolves, young vampires who didn't know what was happening to them but knew they were trouble and in trouble. There were a few other odd creatures long since believed to be extinct, a banshee had found them, as had a kitsune who had come finding all the fox ties appealing and safe.

"Now, how about some fun?" Davina proposed.

"Can we... do that?" One of the teens asked.

"I don't see why not? Besides, I am the co-founder of this school, if Caroline should be upset she is free to take it up with me," Davina shrugged.

The kids still looked uneasy, so Davina sighed. "How about, before we go to have fun, you guys can ask me anything about anything and I will answer it as honestly as I can so that way we know each other a bit before we disembark for shenanigans and fun?"

That garnered their attentions as kids started shouting at her, Davina flicked her wrist silencing them before pointing to one of the kids with their hands up.

"Is it true you killed Silas?" one of the kids asked.

"Yes," she nodded. "And I faced off with his soul in a prison world and swung a cast iron frying pan at his head."

"What did he look like!?"

"Imhotep, before he ate the Americans," she answered.

There were snickers all around the classroom.

"What was that like?" a different kid asked enthusiastically.

"Cold," she confessed. "I'm from the bayou, so hunting Silas, in February, it was cold."

"No really!?" one of the younger kids asked enthusiastically.

"I guess a good way to look at it was similar to the actual Mummy film, the good ones, not the one with Tom Cruise," she warned. There were more giggles. "Though I must admit Kol is much more my type of hero than Brenden Fraser, though Rick O'Connell is dashing, Kol's more my type."

"So you were Evy?" one of the boys asked.

"Sure," she mused. She and Kol were both big fans of the first two Mummy films and had dressed the part for Halloween one year when they were home; Josh had naturally been Jonathan.

"That's romantic," one of the tweens sighed.

"What else?" Davina pointed to another kid with their hand up.

"Is it true you died?" the kid asked.

"Yes," she answered. "I was killed in the first known successful Harvest Ritual in New Orleans, I was sacrificed as the element of fire for that is the element I connect to readily."