Chapter 328

Kol was meandering through the streets on March 21st, aware the world was about to irrevocably change, but not caring. He'd done the checklist he'd been sent out to do, and arrange, knowing that they weren't actually hiring catering or flower venders because of an impending lockdown, Kol had mostly been in the city to collect his tux, and make sure it was the right size; a thousand years of having tailored garments, and Kol was collecting a tailored tux for the evening of his wedding. He was just moseying about because soon he wouldn't be able to, and he would be restricted to the Plantation. Which wasn't horrifying but it was a taxing thought. For the most part his family was stockpiled and prepped for the ensuing chaos to come of a plague, but it was not something he was looking forward to.

"Regent Kol," a voice said as Kol was mulling at a fruit stand, picking out apples he wanted. Frowning Kol turned to see a short young man, aged, peach fuzz on his jaw and golden brown hair. He looked a little like Kai; around the mouth and nose, but other than that Kol didn't see the resemblance between the siblings.

"Lucas Parker," Kol acknowledged as he picked the apple, the vendor was about to scold him as he tossed a dollar at the man. "What can I do you for?"

"The Gemini have formally demanded the death of Malachi Parker, and his bloodline," Luke stated as Kol started walking.

"Is that all?" Kol asked.

"If you don't, the Gemini will take matters into their own hands," Luke said as he walked with Kol.

"Mmm," Kol nodded. "But you see, I bought Kai, which makes him a thrall of mine and he's not a free man, his children are bound to the service of my family, and so I'm declining your demand," Kol shrugged.

"Look, I don't want to be here anymore than you want me here," Luke huffed. "But we can't let Kai live, especially when he's now a confirmed Heretic! It goes against Nature."

"And your little Merge doesn't?" Kol asked dryly. He saw the younger man flinch.

"That is different," Luke said in a cold voice.

"Not particularly," Kol countered. "I offered you a way out of absorbing your twin, and yet the Gemini still did not break the curse, which makes me, as a Regent curious about what horrors you have locked up in the Prison Worlds which is so horrible you're still willing to sacrifice twins?"

"Kol, we've been merciful, we have permitted Josette's daughters live," Luke said softly. "We are aware they are Siphoners, in fact, we petitioned them to be put to death but you kept them."

"They are of my Skulk," Kol growled.

"Kol, this is serious," Luke insisted.

"No, it isn't, this is the Gemini attempting to play God, and I'm not having it. Jo's kids are members of my Skulk, just as Kai's kids are, moves against them well be seen as acts of war, and if you should persist this movement, then know you'll be moving against the Bennett family."

"What?"

"Oh ho, so there are things the all nosey Gemini are unaware of," Kol cackled. "Kai's baby mama is Bonnie Bennett, of the Bennett witches, and they don't take too kindly to members of their family being assassinated, even if they aren't formally close."

"You permitted him to impregnate a Bennett!?" Luke snarled.

"Don't you lot need Bennett blood for those nasty little Prison Worlds?" Kol countered. "You'll be severing all sorts of relationships moving against those kids, so the answer is the same as it was when you first asked, no."

"Kol, this is serious, if you say no, we will take it as an act of war," Luke informed him.

"And if you try to kill babies I take that as an act against Nature, and my way supersedes your way, and I'll remind you, I am a thousand years old, Lucas Parker, I have fought wars, crumbled empires, killed kings and fought self-proclaimed gods, I have killed by the thousands for sport, the greater good, the greater evil, and because it amused me. And act of war against the Skulk will have my siblings aiding me no less, and they have done all I have done on their own time and in their own amusement, do you honestly think your coven stands a chance when all my allies and family come down upon your head?"