Chapter 238

Kol was still confused about what the hell was going on as he found himself sitting in a room, handcuffed still; and not in the fun way, and in his pajamas. Not that he particularly cared about being in his pajamas, as he was wearing a shirt, and pants for a change. Dragging his hands through his hair he leaned back in his seat as he ran his hands through the beard he found himself growing. Part of him did think he should arrange a chance to shave, but he didn't really care, also, Davina enjoyed it. He roused a bit as the door was thrown open and he smirked seeing the detective walk in. Will Kinney was a man in his mid forties, brown hair, brown eyes, and a slim face; he looked like that moron from Veronica Mars in Kol's mind; yes, he had watched Veronica Mars with Rebekah. The detective gave Kol the side eye as he came to sit across from him.

"Something amusing here?" Will asked.

"Oh, a great many things, but I'm not entirely certain what the bloody hell is going on," Kol drawled out lazy.

"I don't find it amusing, Kol Mikaelson. Funny, you have a real thing for women, registered midwife, appraised practitioner. I mean, at first glance you're great on paper, but you and I know better," Will informed him.

"I know many things better than you'll expect, but to this I don't quite know why I'm here."

"Yeah... bet you're smug, you son of a bitch," Will smiled darkly.

"What is it I have done?" Kol asked dryly. "I believe I have a right to know about what I'm accused of, and the right to call my attorney? Constitution of the United States is a lovely thing. I do have to give those forefathers credit for thinking of personal liberties to protect."

"Yeah, yeah, be smug about this, you bastard, but I got you this time," Will declared smugly. "Just your type too," he pulled out a photo. "She was a pretty thing, you know, before you tore her up."

Kol blinked a few times at the photo. She could've been Davina's sister, though she had the ivory complexion which made her look more delicate. Full lips, button nose, large eyes, defined cheekbones, and dark brown hair. This woman's chin was a little squarer, her jaw a little slimmer, her lips were as sharp as Davina's were, but the similarity was uncanny. They both had that delicate, slim, petite look; like neither would ever be particularly heavy or able to hold weight. He looked at Will Kinney then.

"Who is this?"

"Surprised you don't recognize her, her name is Effie Cormeir, Lafayette native, second child of Jean-Luc and Ophelia Cormeir. She's just your type too," Will stated. "Petite, defenseless, young; this one was probably just gullible enough to fall prey for you. After all, you like them young and naïve, that's your type."

Kol heaved a heavy sigh as he pushed the photo to Will. "I don't have a type," he lied bluntly.

"You don't? Funny, because this girl looks exactly like Davina Claire," Will stated.

"Yes, and so do many other petite, blue eyed, brunettes; it's not a unique type," Kol pointed out. If he was speaking of generic looks, it really was not a unique type.

Will smiled as he put the photo away. "What happened Kol? This one say no to your manipulations and advances? This one wise up?"

"Wise up about what?" Kol muttered tiredly as he rubbed his eyes.

"Davina Claire was what? Fifteen when you two met?" Will asked.

Kol raised a brow darkly as he frowned. "Sixteen."

"Mmm... she never stood a chance, did she? Not against you, when you're what... six, seven years older than her?"

Now Kol nearly choked back a laugh, as he hid his grin behind his hand. "Bloody hell mate..." he chuckled. "I was friendly to a girl brought to reside on my family plantation. Whatever insinuations and implications you're fishing for aren't there."