Chapter 249

For Vincent, having the additional Pack on Mikaelson land was strange, but not unusual. Hayley's pack had long since established a fostering system for young wolves on the run, so it wasn't strange to have unknown werewolves in the area. What was unusual in Vincent's mind, was Stiles. He knew Lydia was a Banshee; and there were an infinite number of questions revolving in his mind around her mere existence, having known nothing about them. Kol had explained that he had accidentally misplaced pretty much all of the supernatural once, years ago, but Vincent hadn't thought about the entirety of those ramifications until recently. Especially after their resident kitsune had shown up; Kazuya Evans was a very unique individual given she was a kitsune and she loved fire, and she was freaking out about her abilities. Vincent's contact with Willa Medicine Stone had him aware that other odd creatures, or odd traits were showing up in other areas of the world. In general, there seemed to be an upsurge of other supernatural creatures since about 2011; Vincent would say it was probably around the time Kol killed Silas, but it could also be other implications; either Kol wasn't aware of or he had been unobservant about.

Whatever Kol had done to the supernatural a thousand years was interesting, but Vincent wondered the full ramifications of his actions. Also, he wanted to know if Lydia being a Banshee was related to whatever Kol did, or if her family was just latent in their abilities, and she had been triggered. He knew that with witches it could go either way depending on how family magic worked. Like with Bennetts or Parkers; magic could sometimes be dormant but become active in dire situations; then there were witches like the Mikaelsons, who were born doing magic or didn't have a drop of magic in their blood. It was a curiosity.

His head snapped up when his door was thrown open and he found himself looking at Ivy. She looked upset, and furious, but also tired, and scared. He didn't get to speak before three cards were laid out before him and she collapsed in her seat looking wretched and hugging herself as hr wet eyes met his.

"I have tried to see what there is about the Sisters, but I cannot see them, but what I see Vincent does not bode well for the future," she whispered.

He looked at what she presented and how she presented before he looked up at her. "The future is not set, Ivy," he reminded her gently.

"Vincent, I do not see anything when I look to them for a future but this," she confessed.

"What exactly do you see?" he asked.

"A very monstrous looking dragon and it kills two arctic foxes, and the ice, while it is icy, and cold, does not break like ice, but tears like fabric beneath the two dead foxes as a horde of animals descend upon the dragon until it is in fact dead," she explained. "But the two foxes, they're gone, they are seamlessly gone, like they never were," she whispered.

He blinked a few times before looking at the cards before him then at her. "You're sure this is?"

"It's all I see, Vince. It might not be right now, but it is all I can see," she whispered. "I don't know why I am seeing this."

He slowly sat down as he stared at the cards. He wanted to argue, to rage, to deny what Ivy was saying at this moment. A pair of arctic foxes, dead and gone through fabric ice. Vincent rubbed a hand over his face as he leaned back in his chair. Nordic culture, magic, and practices were not something Vincent knew, he didn't, but he knew Kol had always, especially in any form of talisman magic or totems, or any other form of symbolic representation, been a fox, an arctic fox because of the Skulk, but he had a thousand years as a reputed fox. Davina Claire had never really been a practitioner in talisman or totems or symbolic magic, but she accepted the title vixen as a complimentary aspect in her relationship with Kol.

"You see their death," he murmured softly.

"Not now, or soon, but yes, their death is coming," Ivy whispered.