Chapter 205

Kol had finished the first round of distilling the blood, and was impressed with the results, they would need to do this a few more times, but it could work. He heard his phone ringing, which had him answering without looking. It was probably Elijah or Nik, they would be calling him for an ETA on the quads.

"Hello," he answered as he scribbled a few notes while looking at the distilled Black Magic. No one had ever actually seen magic concentrated, and it was rather unbelievable.

"Where are you and Davina?" Freya asked. Kol jolted, whacking his head as he cursed a bit, as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Norway," he answered through teeth as he pulled back his hand and looked at his nonbloody fingers. At least he hadn't split his head open.

"Is Rebekah there?" Freya asked.

"Yes," he replied as he left the barn. Shivering at the cold he walked into; fuck, he had forgotten to pay attention to the time, it was dark now. Grumbling, Kol jogged through the night to the house, skipping up to the porch as he shook the mist off his hair and walked into the house.

"We were going to throw a party for the girls now that everyone is home, but you need to be here," Freya said.

"I'm working on making Bex mortal," Kol pointed out. He paused at the living room when he saw Davina sleeping on Marcel, and they were both sprawled out on the couch. Kol raised a brow at Rebekah when she appeared with a bowl of gumbo, shoving it in his hands.

"And you didn't call me?" Freya demanded.

"To be honest, I didn't think to call you given your aversion to Norway," he admitted. Rebekah kissed his cheek as she settled back into a chair. Kol walked for the kitchen so he could eat.

"I... were you going to tell me Dahlia was dead?"

Kol stopped at her soft question. "I thought that was obvious since I told all of you you could go home," he stated.

"But were you ever going to call me, and tell me directly?" she asked.

Kol sighed as he sat on the bar stool, rubbing his eyes as he thought over the answer to her because he hadn't prioritized his sister at all in the last few days. Kol's biggest priority had been Davina, and just creating the safety net she needed at the time. Was it fair? No. Was it right? He didn't know, but ultimately, he knew he had to prioritize Davina because Freya had his siblings even if she didn't have him, and she had Keelin. Davina at the time only had him really, and Mikael, and Mikael was shite to have.

"Honestly, I don't know," he said softly.

"Why not?" she demanded rather angrily.

"Because, Freya, Davina needed me more than you ever could, and I wasn't going to leave her dangling in the wind," he huffed irritably.

"You're always going to pick her," Freya started.

"Yes, I am," he agreed before she could shame him. "Freya, you are my sister, by blood, and I will love you as I love my family. But you shoehorned yourself in without regard to our pasts, while we have to tip toe around yours. I'm prioritizing Davina over everyone, and I don't care if that's fair, Freya."

"I understand," she sighed. "Kol, I'll be in Oslo in the morning," she informed him. "Don't try the spell without another Mikaelson, I know you and Davina are powerful, but I saw the outline of the spell. You need two bloodline witches, and unless you want to explain to Marcel why Davina's helping you and not me, I'll be there."

Kol was a bit stunned at her cooperation which had him raising a brow skeptically.

"I know you're giving me a weird look, but... I want... you're my brother," she breathed. "I'm not good, at... this. And I... guess we have a lot to learn about each other. If you're willing, and patient with me, I would like to learn from you, and you learn from me. We're family.