Chapter 234

Henrik's morning was rather uninteresting, he had gotten Alizée ready for school, and Monique; since they both worked at the Institute, he would take his girls there. Because it was his day off he was also going to work around the plantation. Alizée was unaware he was a State Trooper, mainly because she didn't know about the mortal world at all, Henrik and Monique had talked extensively about how to raise Alizée when she had been a toddler. Talks with Vincent and Monique had illuminated a daunting difference in eras for Henrik, and that was that most mortals didn't even know about the existence of the supernatural, and witches hid a lot. Fear and history had proven to never been in the witches' favor, and Alizée was a Mikaelson witch and a Harvest Girl's child; her childish impulses with magic would be noticed by mortals.

Hayley and Klaus had decided to raise the Quads out of the mortal world until they were about ten or so, and Henrik agreed with his siblings in that tactic. If the witches wouldn't be safe, they would raise them safe and squirreled away from the mortal world until they were in control enough to not be a danger to mortals. As Kol had proven, an out-of-control witch was by far the most dangerous thing in existence, and children did not have control.

And because of that Alizée didn't know what he did for a living off the plantation.

Henrik's chosen profession made it easy for them to keep track of the outside world and the supernatural, it also made it easier to keep the students at the Institute safe, because then someone was looking outside the wire. Henrik also liked helping people, and he wasn't inclined to go for immortality, though he and Nik had discussed it.

"Bye daddy!" Alizée cheered as he was dropping off Monique and her.

"Be good for mommy and have a good day," he ordered as he unloaded his daughter. Monique came around, giving him a habitual kiss before Henrik watched them both walk into the Institute. Grace and Faith bounded over to Alizée and dragged her off with conspiratorial giggles. When he could no longer see his girls, he walked back to his truck where he saw his phone ringing.

"Mikaelson," he answered.

"Henrik," Emily's voice filled his ear. She was his dispatcher, and definitely one of his good work friends, he liked it when she was his dispatcher of the night because things went smooth.

"It's my day off Em," he informed her as he reached over to the passenger seat when he saw Monique's lunch bag on the floor.

"I know, but they're asking for you specifically, said they called the Big House?" she said uncertainly.

"No one's at the Big House," he said more to himself as he wracked his brain about where his siblings would be so they didn't answer the phone. Elijah would be teaching, Kol and Davina were off hunting, Hayley was probably with her pack, Klaus and Caroline lived in the city predominantly, Freya and Keelin wouldn't be at the Big House unless it was a family thing, same with Finn, Sage, Rebekah, and Marcel; and Thor only knew where the fuck Mikael was.

"What is the Big House?"

"My family farm is pretty big," he said vaguely. "What is it and who's trying to call the Big House?" Henrik asked as he saw Monique come jogging for the truck, he rolled down the window as he held out the lunch for her. She grabbed it as she blew him a kiss before jogging back into the Institute.

"Right, Richard Breaux has been trying to get a hold of you, he's very insistent it be you and not another Trooper," Emily said. Henrik jolted when Mikael seemed to materialize in his passenger seat, adjusting the seat from Monique's preferences.

"For the love of Thor!" Henrik yelped as he glared at his father.

"What happened?" Emily demanded.