Chapter 273

Kol was watching the party in full swing as he sipped his champaign and craved whiskey. The Skulk was having fun, the kids had organized a 'Gru' dance; whatever it was, it was horridly hilarious. Henrik had swept Monique up for a dance and Davina was spun out onto the floor by Josh. Kol leaned on a post as he watched his family genuinely celebrate the union of his baby brother and Monique. Freya was clapping as she and Vincent came to stand beside him.

"Lovely party," Vincent chuckled.

"It is rather tamed compared to our usual extravagance," Kol chuckled.

"We need to talk before you and Davina run off to wherever you're going," Freya said.

Kol raised a brow but set aside his drink as he followed Vincent and Freya out of the gardens and to the Plantation. They were walking quietly and Kol waited for his sister to speak with Vincent.

"We've been researching what was done to you," Vincent admitted.

"And Qetsiyah did pull all the Cure from your system, but you also had that Nogitsune you exorcised from Stiles," Freya added.

"I should be dead," Kol finished blandly for them. They both blinked a few times but nodded. "I'm aware."

"You're alive because of what you did to find Davina," Vincent finally said. "A latent part of the magic is apparently more than a linking of magic, but as long as she lives, you live."

Kol nodded slowly.

"It is not an exchange of life forces, but like a link, it's part of why you can always find her, or why you can call on her fire like your own, and she can call upon the storm like it's her own; pulling the Nogitsune into the stars, it also is offering you a reserve of life and power," Vincent explained.

"I'm alive because of Davina," Kol muttered softly.

"As best as we can find, yes," Freya answered.

Kol nodded slowly as he thought about that. It wasn't really an upsetting or unsettling thought, not as much as Vincent or Freya seemed to be expecting him to lash out. Davina Claire was the reason for a lot of things in his life, mortality, magic, Skulk, family, adventure, and a future. Being bound to Davina in more ways than he anticipated didn't greatly bother him, though it was a little unsettling because if others knew, she was his most exposed weakness. And though she was dangerous, she was a five-foot three woman, who came up to his shoulder, barely, in heels, and she was a hundred or more pounds lighter than him. She was Kol's most immediate weakness, and physically she was weaker than most their opponents. There were times he was surprised their enemies didn't just overpower her physically, but Davina relied on her magic as a weapon. Davina was tiny.

"That's fine," he shrugged.

"Kol," Freya grabbed his elbow before he could walk back to the party. "This is serious."

"I'm bound to someone I trust, who trusts me, and who does not abuse the power they hold over me, I do not see an issue in being bound one more way to Davina Claire," he stated firmly.

"But if she's..."

"I'm not going to lock the bloody woman in a tower, that'll end badly for me and everyone who tries," Kol grimaced. He could see that just blowing up in his face, literally.

"Kol," Vincent sighed.

"This is a consequence of my actions, so, there is no reason to... to fight about what is done, it is done, I cannot change it any more than you, and it could be worse. I am at least bound to someone who respects me, and who has no reason to abuse my trust, and I can say the same in turn," Kol stated. "Now, our baby brother is finally married, so we should head back in and I will speak to Davina about this more, later."