Chapter 278

Getting married meant paperwork, which was fine with Davina, though Kol was pouting about actually having to fill it out and was plotting on how to fast track it. He was genuinely irritated, for the first time in Davina's memory, that he wasn't a vampire and didn't have compulsion anymore. Which was ironic and freaking hilarious, but it had her heart fluttering he wanted to marry her so badly he was looking at how to break rules. It was sweet, and funny, because they would have to have two circus weddings anyway. One would obviously be for their friends and family, but there would also be the big hullaballoo one for all the Covens that wanted the prestige of associating with the Skulk, which was ridiculous in Davina's mind, but she wasn't a politician so what did she know about it. Vincent would probably have a bigger interest in garnering the relationships than Davina ever could.

Still, paperwork, and Kol was determinedly shopping around for a ring for her; which she thought sweet but pointless at this point in their relationship. She had Vulpecula on her arm, for the love of God! A ring was a little late to the game, plus there were Viking traditions to consider; Davina wanted a sword more than a ring at this point, she had anger issues and she had a desire to hack her enemies apart now; especially after Trinity, Strix and Qetsiyah, a sword seemed more useful at this point. However, she also knew Kol was going to give her Mjölnir because that was something important to his people and culture, but the draw back was it was a fertility rite, so she was holding off on that.

Davina shuffled through the documents she had been filling out with Kol's help so it was in the right language, she really needed to learn some of the Scandinavian languages; beyond runes. It would help her when Kol started talking in Old Norse, or when he was irritated with her and just spoke in Norwegian, Icelandic, or Swedish, or something; the freaking polyglot. But she was better at the romance languages; Spanish, Italian, French, Creole, so she wasn't inclined yet to learn.

"Sign," Kol muttered as he handed her a paper. She looked it over before signing.

"If you're signing me into indenture servitude, I draw the line at sex acts," she warned teasingly.

"No, I was thinking to sign you on as a wife, same thing though," he mused.

"Oh, well, if I'm obtaining the title wife, then sex is back on the table," she chuckled.

"You mean now, on the table?" he asked.

"Finish filing the paperwork and we'll see," she decided. "It is a surprisingly sturdy table," she observed.

"It'd have to be, I think Nik carved this; it looks like his handy work, which means it'd have to survive vampires."

"Mmm," she hummed. "I got an email from Bonnie, and Kai," she stated.

"I had a voicemail from Kaleb," Kol said.

"Said she's keeping the babies, they're due in September. Confirmed for twins. Kai said the Gemini were demanding a termination of the pregnancy as well as Kai to be put in a Prison world, because he's what they call a Heretic," Davina furrowed her brow as she finished her stack of forms, double checking her passport.

"A Heretic?"

"Apparently it's like you thought, as a Siphoner he draws off magic, as a vampire he is animated by it, so he's his own source of power for magic. They apparently had a Coven of Heretics back in the early 1900s, before you were courting my grandmother, or thereabouts, they were headed by a Lily Salvatore, mother of our two pain in the ass Salvatore brothers apparently, there were six members apparently. And according to Joshua Parker, they're almost always Rippers," she explained.

"I wonder why I never heard of them," Kol murmured as he double checked something he was filling out.

"According to Luke, because he emailed me the file, they didn't want the witching world to know the laws of nature could be broken in such a manner, and worse the proclivity for Siphoners to be Rippers, apparently the six Heretics they've documented were nearly unstoppable, killing thousands of people, apparently they were worse than Klaus, or you, because the Gemini dispatched a large portion of their Coven to capture them, and lost two thirds of their Coven."