Chapter 332

Kol chuckled as he carefully spun her onto the dance floor, Davina chuckled as he pulled her close for the first dance as a married couple. Davina and Kol had argued about the song for hours before she surrendered to L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole, the lyrics were fun and they wouldn't be swaying or something. Since her birthday she had been learning to do a formal dance for this occasion, mainly at Rebekah, Monique, and Caroline's insistence, and because Kol did love dancing in general.

They had settled into the careful steps of the Foxtrot; mainly Davina felt Monique had instructed her to learn this one because of 'fox' jokes running for Kol's irritation and amusement. Davina had agreed too. She smiled as she let Kol start leading her, Monique and Hayley having snatched her shall and sword.

"Alright love, stay on your toes, keep a strong frame, and trust me, I'm not going to let you fall," Kol assured with a mischievous smile.

"Why?" Davina chuckled as she remember the first time she had ever danced with Kol on her first ever human day when she was sixteen. She found herself flushly pressed against Kol as he started guiding her. She held on as she let him move them, careful not to step on his feet. Kol chuckled as they moved through the crowd, she was smiling.

"So, is this everything you'd thought it be, Mister Claire?" she asked.

"I do believe today is about my bride, Missus Mikaelson," he countered.

"And if your bride is painfully shy about being on display?" she asked as she looked at him and tried not to look at the people she didn't know around them, and the fact everyone was watching them.

"Then she should be aware she's the prettiest woman here, and the only one worth my time," Kol mused. "Also they're lucky to get to see her because if I had it my way, I'd hide her."

"Oh would you?" she chuckled.

"Yes, I horde my treasures love," he purred dangerously.

"I'm a treasure?" she asked curiously.

"My most valued treasure," he said firmly. "The only treasure I'd kill for."

"Not today, please, I managed to convince Rebekah we didn't need a goat sacrifice at this wedding," Davina sighed.

"Noted," he chuckled as he spun her out and pulled her back to him.

"That's not part of the foxtrot," she reminded him.

"No, but it is fun," he smiled.

Davina giggled a little as the song was coming to an end, and Kol kissed her again, very casual and effortless, which had her sliding her fingers into his hair. It felt good to be so close to him and not worry about the consequences of magic or Nature, tonight felt perfect and Davina had thought their first date had been as close to perfect as she could pull off. Kol's thumb rubbed the exposed small of her back as he slipped a finger under the band of her dress, teasing touch along her spine. She gripped his shoulder as she smiled, today was pretty perfect.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Klaus caught his wife as she fluttered about making sure everything was perfect for the wedding and he chuckled as she narrowed her eyes on him. Caroline was almost to the end of her year of no humanity, but he was still enjoying her. Caroline without humanity was sassy, vivacious, without restraint and she was still perfect, she loved to make everything perfect. She still worked on mothering his daughters, though Hayley was always apprehensive about leaving the girls with Caroline, and he couldn't fault.

"You did this beautifully, sweetheart," Klaus said as he walked with her to the dinner they had arranged for this union. The children were giggling as they were finally allowed to rush the dancefloor.