Chapter 355

Hope was reluctant to go with her mom, aunts, Skulk, cousins, and sisters, she didn't want to leave her dad. Her dad and uncles were going to Kansas City though to drive to the middle of bumfucknowhere, past where Jesus lost his sandals, and past Hootenanny Holler, and to where nothing existed around. She had a nagging bad feeling about this, though her uncles were being very cavalier about all this which infuriated her, she wanted to save them. Go with them and make sure they were okay, safe, but her dad was holding fast to her not coming which pissed her off. Hope really didn't like being told what to do, and this wasn't like when Roman, August, Antoinette, and Greta had mom, no, this was worse, and Hope didn't know why, and she wanted to save them.

She could save them.

It was her destiny, her fate, she was to... Hope couldn't remember, she couldn't remember what she was supposed to do, and she got the sense she was supposed to do something.

Hope felt like she was missing something, something important, she was supposed to do something, it was her task, her reason for existing; her sister's reasons for existence... but it was not coming to her though she couldn't shake the bad feeling. Klaus dropped duffles in the trunk of the SUV they were taking to the airport.

"That is everything," her dad stated, jolting Hope from her thoughts.

"Can I please go," she pleaded.

"No," Klaus answered firmly. "You are going to Norway, and we will meet you soon. You must keep your sisters safe, Hope."

"Please dad, please, don't do this, this is what I'm supposed to do," she whimpered pleadingly.

"Hope," he cut her off firmly and gently. "You are not going near Malivore, I will handle it and we will live," he shrugged. "Take care of your maman and mother, and we'll meet up soon."

"But dad," she started.

"Go Hope," he ordered softly.

She whimpered but hugged him before she surrendered to him pushing her into the passenger seat with Caroline driving. Klaus kissed her brow, gave a devious smile and a wink to Caroline before saying goodbye to Constance, Grace, Faith and Amity who were seated in the back rows of the SUV. Carefully Caroline pulled out to follow the other SUV which had the rest of her family in it. Hope watched as her uncles waved them off. She didn't like this one bit, but she couldn't fight her dad and her mom about this choice.

The only reason Hayley wasn't driving right now was because mom was guarding her sister and the other witches with Sage and Landon. Hope didn't like this, it felt they were being torn apart. She didn't want them to leave her, she was terrified she'd never see them again!

A hand caught hers and she looked at her Maman.

"Your father, and your mother both know what they're doing, Hope, and your uncles are no fools either, they're going to be okay," Caroline assured softly.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Elijah watched Hayley drive off with the rest of their families, knowing that the remaining members of the Skulk would remain here, it wasn't easier. Part of Elijah was hesitant to separate himself from Hayley, given everything that had happened last time they had parted. Elijah did not want to lose her, but she was hovering over Davina. Hayley had confided in him that Davina had confirmed what he, Niklaus, and Finn had all started to suspect; for as old as they were, they could hear it as it steadily became apparent. Davina and Kol were overlooking it, or not noticing it, but soon even Davina would notice. And because Kol and Davina hadn't noticed or slowed, Elijah had wanted someone watching over his brother's wife. He had the same worries whenever Monique or Rebekah or Freya were pregnant, but the differences there were those women had already been pregnant and were not inclined to throw themselves headfirst into danger.