Chapter 329

For the most part the lockdown did not affect the Mikaelson's Plantations, Henrik still had to go to work as he was an Essential Worker, but other than that, they mostly stuck to doing what they already did. Running the Plantation, the farm was a massive job, so the Crescent Moon Wolves worked with the Mikaelsons on keeping everything working and the Skulk kept things blooming. The Institute stayed open, though the children who resided there were asked to keep the illusion of a smaller appearance; less active than normal, but it didn't change anything. The Mikaelsons did lend aid to their neighbors, in the form of food, loans, and workers, and they did work on keeping good, quiet relations with the mortals in the area.

Still, things didn't really change for the Mikaelsons, not in the ways everyone would talk about for the plague.

March went to April, and Davina felt a bit of wedding jitters as she tried on her dress, Rebekah was her seamstress and they continued preparing for the wedding. It was just... nerve wracking.

A week before the wedding Davina was whisked off to stay with Monique, Hayley, Bonnie, Abby, Cassie, and Rebekah; Caroline, Sage, Camille, Keelin, Freya, and even Hope came along for the 'girl's week' before the wedding. Apparently there was some superstition the Mikaelsons had and wanted to keep her and Kol separated before their wedding. Rebekah had had mentioned something about bride ceremonies, which would involve Davina getting the sex talk, a few rituals to cleanse her maiden status, and lots of hair care involved; but Davina instead got a spa like time with her friends. It was fun, and nice, though she didn't sleep well alone.

She actually missed Kol's snoring, which had her questioning her sanity because Kol snored like a freight train!

Still, Davina slept for shit because when it wasn't raining, it was too fucking quiet, and even when it was raining, it was still too quiet. It wasn't the actual body in the bed she missed, it was his snoring, which was concerning to Davina because she just wanted to have a nights sleep before her wedding and that wasn't happening. Kol's snoring was absent and she slept for shit because of it.

The other thing she noticed the week building up to her wedding was that she was stressed; she didn't even have reason to be stressed because Caroline and Rebekah were in charge of everything, but she was so stressed that everything be okay for the wedding.

"Elijah brought the sword," Rebekah said as she walked into the Overseer House with a box in her arms while Davina was getting a facial and her hair was wrapped up tightly in a towel.

"So that's a thing?" Davina asked as she tugged her robe a bit tighter around her as she walked after Rebekah.

"Yes, normally, it would be one of your family's swords, but alas, you are not Scandinavian, and have no warrior ancestors, so we will lend your our grandfather's sword so you can gift it to Kol, and Kol will give you his sword," Rebekah explained. Davina tilted her head as Rebekah set the box on the dining room table, carefully undoing the latches as she flipped it open to a very old, but well cared for weapon. It was simple, simple in design, and looks, but still beautifully lethal.

"Kol's is silver, it's to slay monsters, from his first-time mortal," Rebekah said as she rubbed a hand over her swollen belly. "This was Mikael's father's sword, so our grandfather's," she explained.

"It's... beautiful," Davina admitted.

"It's got a bloody history, Kol actually taught me to use it," Rebekah said fondly. "The exchange of swords is mostly symbolic, you're accepting this will be passed to yours and Kol's future sons, and Kol's is accepting the transfer of protection from Marcel to him," she said softly.

"That's... intimidating," Davina chuckled as she let her fingers trail over the weapon.

"Yes, but important," Rebekah insisted. "Marcel did the same at my wedding, and Klaus did the same at his wedding, it's important."