Chapter 206

The drive to Oslo, after his shower and nap, was a long, tiring trip; but thank the gods for America because the US made a six hour road trip normal, and common. Kol never really thought about how he'd sort of come to expect that to be a normality, he'd always traveled, and he'd traveled in style and on his own feet, but car trips were a very different kind of travel in his mind. He made it to Dahlia's house with ease, though walking through her runes took him a bit of time, eventually though he came to where Dahlia lay. The ground around her was blooming, and flourishing, like her magic was returning to the earth.

Carefully he removed the knife Davina had made to kill Dahlia, and he could feel his mother's magic swirling around in the blade.

"I am sorry, Dahlia, for all that had to be done, and for what Esther did to you," he murmured. "I do not wish for you to travel to Odin's Halls, for I wish peace for you, and may you stop fighting."

Kol was careful to arrange her burial. It took him a few hours to dig out a hole in her garden, by a spot which was clearly a favorite. He didn't have time for a proper marker, so he used magic to sear her name into the stones as he lowered her body. Gathering up her obvious favorite items in the house; the ones which were worn but well cared for, he went about burying her with her things. He dropped the knife containing his mother's magic down an old forge shaft, he'd deal with that later. Getting Dahlia buried and then giving her a farewell, he could feel the Ancestral magic flowing beneath his feet as he turned to leave her.

"Thank you," a voice rasped in his ear which had him turning slightly. He could see her there, long brown hair, young, and vibrant, and she looked... she looked like him as she disappeared. "I will watch over you..."

Kol said nothing as he marched out of the forest, tossing the shovel and bag of dangerous magic relics he had found in her house, into the bed of his truck he started his truck again and headed for the airport. Kol sort of refused to be one of those guys who would bitch about having to go to the airport, but at this point, he was in dire need of coffee, sleep, and a holiday. In that order. Kol was sort of planning a holiday for himself and Davina, a real one, where they weren't trekking around hunting down lunacy, but he wasn't going to make his plans concrete until she was somewhat stable again.

Seeing Freya's willowy frame he honked to get her attention and waved. She smiled as she waved, and for a second Kol was very confused as he watched his brothers, Hayley, Monique, and the Quads appear which had him blinking a few times and wondering if he had had a hallucination, he was so bloody tired. Getting out of the truck he blinked in confusion a few times before he found himself being wrapped up in hugs from Nik and Elijah, which felt very real, breaking his idea that it was an illusion of his mind.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" Kol sputtered as his older brothers pulled away. Elijah ran a hand over his hair and Nik looked him over appraisingly.

"Well, Freya wanted a family reunion, and since Dahlia was taken care of, I wanted my girls to see where their family came from," Hayley appeared as she tugged a little cap a bit tighter over Grace's head. Grace reached for him, he barely caught her as she squirmed from her mother's arms. A gooey hand patted his cheek then which had him looking at his siblings and then at his niece.

"My how is not big enough for all of you," Kol sighed as he put Grace on his hip, picking up a bag to shoulder.

"I did not think it would be, which is why I took the liberty of procuring proper accommodations for us," Nik stated as he bounced Constance.

"Shove it up your arse, Nik!" Kol huffed.

"I've also made arrangements for vehicle transportation." Elijah stated as he fixed his coat. Hayley loped behind him with Faith in her arms, and he was surprised to see Henrik holding Amity, while Finn got the bags.