Chapter 254

Cora looked at the woman who was pushing herself up to her knees, everything in Cora was alert to the fact this was a very dangerous woman she was before. Her wolf couldn't decide to pull her mate back, because he was healing, or to keep herself between the cub and woman. The woman's blue eyes were bright and a bit unsettling to Cora because she hadn't seen a woman with eyes as bright as hers other than an omega's or the guilty's eyes. She was unsettled by it.

"Davina Claire," she introduced herself. "Now, who are you, and where the fuck are we?"

"Isaac," Isaac answered which had Cora growling, he growled back as he glared at her. She settled a little as she leaned against the bars where Rafael was. The cub was peering curiously at Davina Claire who was looking them over. Slowly the woman got to her feet, and the leggy brunette was surprisingly small; she was maybe Cora's height, and just a bit heavier. Davina Claire was not as lithe as Cora was, but she wasn't big, which had Cora's wolf settling enough to decide Davina Claire was not an immediate threat. The girl rather reminded Cora of Stiles actually, looking very mischievous and sharp.

"And why are you here, Isaac?" she asked. Cora was a bit miffed Davina wasn't turning her attention from Isaac.

"Why are you here?"

"Because my suitor's culture and belief in the Norn has him living to tell me I told you so, and so the fates can laugh in my face about my claims that I can protect myself," she muttered sourly.

Cora'a lips quirked a bit.

"Well, if you're not gonna tell me why you're here I'm looking for a way out," she muttered as she started moving around. Cora could hear the pain in the way the woman moved, and with how the chain rattled around her ankle as she tried to walk. "Ow," she muttered.

"Can I?" Isaac asked before Cora could pull his attention from Davina to keep him away from her, to keep him safe. Isaac was holding his hand out, and Davina looked at Isaac rather curiously as she looked up at him. "I'm here because they wanted werewolves to create a monster, and my Pack doesn't know I'm missing."

"Lousy pack you have," Davina muttered.

Cora snorted in agreement which had Davina again looking at her and Rafael. Isaac's lips quirked but he didn't agree or disagree. "I think they're broken, can't really fix that. This is Cora Hale, and Rafeal, they're part of my pack."

"Pleasure to meet you both, not under these circumstances though. And no, you can't always fix what's broken," she agreed with a grunt. "If you're a werewolf, why do they have you here?"

"They killed all the others," he whispered. "They need venom, I don't know why."

"Great," she muttered. "I'm a witch by the way."

"I guessed because of the runes," Isaac stated. Cora now noticed the tear in Davina's shirt, and the markings on her hip bone, the witch blushed but moved her clothing then so they couldn't be seen, which had Cora frowning a little at the woman's reaction.

"My Skulk will come looking for me."

"I thought witches had Covens," Cora finally said as she tilted her head in curiosity, skulks were foxes, not witches. Now Davina's lips quirked in a soft smile which was honestly interesting.

"Normally we do," she agreed. "But I'm not a normal sort of witch, and my suitor isn't either, so we don't run with a Coven."

"A Skulk though? Family of foxes?" she asked.

"I did not pick it," she chuckled. "Fuck! I'm going to kill that bitch when I get out here!" Davina snarled as she hugged her ribs.

"No one leaves here alive," Isaac informed her softly as he sat down. "We've been trying to escape since they nabbed me in Melle and killed the Hunters I was with," he murmured.