Chapter 312

Kara looked over the preparations for the Harvest, the four girls were sedated at this moment and Van was playing with his daughter; Penelope. Iseul was too weak after having taken the Needle of Sorrow's curse. With the Skulk grieving dead children, or dead mothers; Kara did not care which was dead so long as they were distracted.

"Everything is prepared," Dominic informed her.

"We perform the Harvest tonight, the Skulk will be distracted and the Regent unengaged," Kara informed him.

"Agreed," he nodded as he looked over the bones they had both carefully been arranging. One hundred ninety seven bones, all carefully displayed. Of the nine missing bones, they were mostly in the feet, and one tip of a finger. Inadu's bones had tribal curses carved into them, binding her soul to the land and her bloodline, and she would seek out both. There was a crescent moon was seared into the right scapula it would've been beautiful except it seared through the bone. The eternal marker of Inadu and her bloodline, every direct descendant's of hers would bear the mark.

Kara stood.

"We should do the Harvest, as the moon rises, they did this at night last time," she informed Dominic. They both looked at the four girls dressed in white; all four pure as snow, untouched, unsullied virgins, and they would become the most powerful witches in New Orleans; outclassing the faux Harvest Girls. These girls would be blessed by Inadu herself, and soon, Inadu would rid them of vampires and wolves and Kara would live her life better knowing the Mikaelsons and wolves were no more.

"I will begin the preparations," he said as they started moving the girls around to do a propper Harvest.

Kara stood to leave him to his work, walking through Layfette Cemetery she came face to face with Iseul.

"You should be with Van and Penelope," Kara informed her daughter-in-law harshly.

"You will kill the girls," Iseul spoke in a halted tone.

"They will be Reaped, returning to help Inadu purge us of a false Regent and his scourge of a family," she countered sharply. Since Joseon Coven had gifted Park Iseul to the Skulk and the Skulk had set her free and she had pursued Van, Iseul still had this strange devotion to the Skulk. Particularly to Kol; whom she had never met officially and been gifted to. It was the only draw back to her daughter-in-law.

"And the Skulk?"

"All things end, Iseul, you should be with Penelope, you have done your part," Kara stated. Iseul bowed before she left and Kara sighed. When this was over, hopefully her daughter-in-law would cease holding a strange affliction for the Skulk.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Elijah was standing in the study, quiet as he finished putting his affairs in order. Putting Hope to rest and the rest of the Quads was something he had left for Hayley and Niklaus, as they needed time with their daughters. Even Caroline had aided them. Elijah had kissed all the girls goodnight, even Hope, before he had left them in care of their parents. He had checked in on his brothers, Kol was sleeping with Davina, neither looked particularly good, but he did not expect good cheer from either. Henrik was with his wife and daughter, Vérène was a very precious child, he could see that. She had dark eyes, a head of black hair and a warm complexion, she would be a beautiful lass when she grew, of that Elijah had no doubts. Calling Rebekah he spoke to her briefly, pleased to hear her voice as she gushed about her boys, and even Alizée, she told him everything they had been up to on their 'adventure' and she squealed in delight when he told her about their newest niece. Elijah did not tell her about Kol and Davina's loss, as it was not his to share. He did tell her about Hope, whom she had a million questions about but resigned herself to waiting for answers when she came home.