Chapter 289

Davina felt it, before she saw Kol run for Josephine, and she pulled every spell she knew required nothing but fire connection as she unfurled her entire connection. The Skulk had reacted similarly pulling the kids into the center of the group as a way to keep everyone safe. There was a vague pull on Davina's power, something ancient and she recognized as she stepped away from the Skulk. Davina looked around, her power seeking the spell caster as she felt the curse rolling and rattling through the crypts.

A dark power came rushing for Davina and standing before the children. The darkness came rushing at her which had her eyes narrowing as she lifted her hands as she pulled on the magic of the Ancestors here, the witches buried and consecrated here in the last eight years as her power came slamming down and she felt the darkness hit her shield. The fires burned as powerlines burst. Davina felt all the energy of the external sources come colliding for her, which she wrapped around her as she pushed them all out. The powers pulsed as Davina looked around, the other Covens were tense, and Davina looked at Kol as she carefully walked towards him, focusing on keeping her powers roiling and churning as she wrapped the magic over the Nine Covens. She felt the Harvest Girls working with her magic, the winds kicked up and the earth rumbled as the fog started misting into the airs.

Davina didn't move faster as she got to Kol, there were other Elders around them as Kol was working on a counter curse, but she knelt beside him.

"Kol, you have to go," Davina whispered as she leaned over the former Regent. She could feel the magic of the Regency roiling and shifting wildly through the air, untapped, and untouched, and now it was getting volatile, ricocheting off her own barrier spell to keep the darkness out. "Kol, now," she grounded out as she felt her barrier wavering under two assaults.

Josephine LaRue was laying there, serine as she felt the spirit of the former Regent fading away.

"Davina, someone," he started.

"If you don't become Regent right now, Kol, my spell will break, I can't take the pressure in here, now," she grounded out. Kol caught her meaning as he got up, grabbed up the torch for Regency as he pulled on his own power. Davina snarled as she focused harder on keeping up the barrier as she felt her hair now whipping around painfully, and Davina stood. Kol's hand touched mémé's crypt as all the power came rushing from the air to Kol, and the blast of power into Kol's connection knocked Davina entirely off her feet as she came crashing through the ground. Davina grunted as she rolled, her back hitting the corner of a crypt which had her gasping for air.

"DAVINA!" Monique came for her as Davina winced and tried to keep her focus on the spell they were building as Davina tried to get up again. The spirits suddenly burst to life before Davina and she gasped as she turned slowly, looking for where she was.

"Until next time..." a spirit rasped as they disappeared entirely. Kol was before her entirely as her mémé stepped up behind him.

"Davina," Kol sighed.

"I knocked myself onto the Ancestral Plane... again," she muttered sourly as Kol's soul pulled her to her feet which had her looking at her mémé. Mary-Alice Claire looked as beautiful, lively and confident; everything about her mémé was larger than life again.

"No, Inadu did, but we have got to stop meeting like this love," Kol chuckled.

"It is so good to see you again," Mary-Alice stepped forward as she hugged Davina's soul. And it felt right to cling to her mémé again as Davina bit her lip. "You grew up so beautifully..."

"I miss you," she whispered as she let go of her grandmother, feeling mémé's soul trace over her.

"So... this Regent thing... how do you make him King of the Witches," Davina asked as she smiled at her grandmother.