Chapter 356

Kol glared at the Triad Industries set up, he perched himself to look over the land, the vantage points were easily accessed. They watched the grounds for a few hours, there wasn't a lot of movement, not that it really mattered. The humans were vastly outgunned in this matter, especially when Kol got them out of the building. The problem was he didn't get how the humans were keeping everyone out. Yes, he knew how they'd keep vampires out but the ability to repell witches and wolves; it had to be something connected to the actual power of Malivore, a failsafe in his spell he didn't know about.

Not that it mattered.

"So, we just go in and drop the blood bags into the pit, drop a timed bomb of the old spell, and get out?" Marcel breathed beside him, they were both peering through the scope, Henrik was checking gear.

"Yup," Kol answered.

"That's why to simple?"

"I like simple, it makes it easier when things go to shit," Kol muttered. He still didn't like it, but even he knew this was probably the best course of action. Still, if he died he'd be very pissed because he had to finish separating the supernatural and mortals; also there was the matter of Davina fully willing to and capable of resurrecting his arse to kick it for dying.

"It's just important to stick to your time table," Marcel muttered.

"The supernatural and natural world do not belong together anymore, this era would never survive what's locked away in that bloody pit," Kol muttered.

"But we would," Henrik pointed out.

"And that's a grand thing, Henrik, but we're from a different era in this matter, so naturally, we'd survive, and I'd really like for our family not to have to survive a nuclear holocaust," Kol muttered. "Changing of the guard, here we go," he stood.

Henrik and Marcle walked with Klaus behind him. Kol just let them break off into the woods though as he took to walking the double yellow lines on the empty road. The winds ruffled his hair, and Kol kept his hands in his coat pockets, it was June, and Kol had refused to take the leather jacket off as he walked. He was sweating under the June sin, he could feel it rolling over his skin, down his spine, his shirt was clinging to him, and the way it made everything smell. Kol hated it; summer was his most busy time, and it was his least favorite time of year. His head was held high as he walked down the road, he felt when the humans started training their sights on him.

"Hault, this is federal property," a guard shouted as Kol neared the gate. He looked up as the humans moved out of their guard positions, weapons trained on him.

"I do so miss the time where swords and fangs were mine to use," he said absently, knowing Klaus and Elijah and Finn could hear him. "Not that it matters," he supposed with a shrugged.

"Hands out of your pockets!" a man barked, and Kol looked at him, his ears twitched as he heard the humans encircling him.

"Oh I don't think you want me to do that," Kol breathed as he looked up at the humans.

"Get Your Hands Out Of Your Pockets," the men barked.

The shifts in the air as Kol let his power unfurl and build up, the clouds stacked upon each, Davina's magic intermingled with his as the lightning danced through the air, on his fingertips too as he pulled his hands up. There was a deafening boom of thunder as it shook the ground, making the asphalt beneath his feet tremble. There were no build up of winds, Kol wasn't near enough to a source to fully build a heavy storm like a hurricane, he also didn't want to, he wanted a thunder storm.

"Very well," he raised his hands.

The rain started pelting down, and he felt his brothers move. Henrik and Marcel were with Klaus, Finn and Elijah started circling like sharks. Intentions for long range attacks forgotten until they lured more humans out away from Marcel, Henrik and Klaus. Davina's power mingled effortlessly with his as he felt Vulpecula dance over his arm. In his hand was a lighter and he smiled sharply seeing his brothers disappear with Marcel into the bowels of Triad.