"Was it scary?"

"Death or dying?" Davina asked.

"Both?"

"Death is an inevitability of being alive, to fear it is foolish, but dying, now that was terrifying."

"Is it true you purified the Travelers?" one of the kids asked.

"Yes, and it involved a lot of lightning, I don't recommend doing it," she answered. "Now, as that is all the time I will allow to interrogate me, how about some magic fun?" she asked.

The kids were enthusiastic about it and Davina smiled as she stood up. "Alright, follow me, we're going to go do some active magic practice."

Though the school taught a wide variety of students of all ages, they mostly shuffled kids into categories for what they could be taught. Teaching werewolves and vampires the basics in magic was a wise decision so they could understand what witches could do, just as teaching witches and werewolves about compulsion and dream manipulation was wise to have them understand what vampires could do. There were also many small children here, as a lot of runaways were older siblings who grabbed their younger siblings to come here, so it furthered the need to teach basics to all ages.

"TATIE D!" a voice squealed. Davina smiled as she swooped down to snatch up her baby brother.

"Rémy!" she giggled. "What are you doing out here you little minion?"

He giggled as Davina tickled his stomach, squirming in her arms. Rémy had dark curls and dark eyes, and looked a lot like his mother and Uncle Klaus, but still retained his daddy's smile.

"Rémy! Rémy! Come on this isn't funny," Josh appeared then. Josh was long since in charge of the younger kids at the Institution because he was so good with them. "Davina!"

"How about I have Rémy, and you keep the other hooligans under control?" she proposed to a frazzled looking Josh.

"Oh thank God, where are you going?" he looked at the kids behind her.

"We are going to go practice fun offensive magic in a game of tag," she answered.

"Well, don't destroy the school," Josh shrugged as he gave her a light hug and disappeared to go watch the rest of his toddler charges.

"Tag?"

"Best way to learn offensive magic is to think on your feet, and the best way to burn off werewolf excessive energy and vampire energy is to run, so, we will be playing tag. Person who tags me wins ice cream desert privileges for a week," she called out for incentive.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Kol stood in the study of the Big House where he had called the family and Skulk meeting. For the most part, the Skulk only taught a few classes. Cassie was the advanced potions and chemistry teacher, Abby taught choir and representational magic, Monique taught agriculture and traditional magic. Bonnie had taken to teaching spiritual magic, as well as running her own music class, Kaleb was the math and astrology teacher, Kai was the Siphoner who kept things in check for when kids started overwhelming their magic or doing too big of spells, he was involved in any and all one-on-one lessons for witches. Freya had taken to teaching practical magics for the kids, the youngest groups in their school.

Of course Kol's siblings also taught, Elijah taught history, Finn taught morals and ethics, Sage was the physical education teacher and coach for any sports they played, Klaus would teach art when he wasn't ruling New Orleans, Rebekah culture and literature, Henrik was the main teacher in combat, as well as animal care (because Kol now owned a shit tone of horses and cattle and other livestock and it was a thing now to teach children with his animals). Marcel also taught at the school, focusing in tactics and literature, Hayley had taken to meditation and apparently lead a morning yoga group, Mikael taught combat with Henrik. Caroline ran the school with Vincent so she didn't really teach here. Jo and Keelin were employed medical staff here, and Keelin had taken to teaching biology and anatomy, Jo taught physics and emergency medicine.