Chapter 201

Just a heads up to new readers, this will make a whole hell of a lot more sense if you start with The Vixen & the Fox I. That said, I hope you enjoy, blame Wattpad for this break up.

Kol had managed to assure Davina he wasn't ditching her, or leaving, but he really did have to find something to wear other than a sheet. Other than pesky mortal problems like hypothermia, or exposure, or general disapproval by society, Kol wanted Davina comfortable, and she'd definitely be more comfortable with him not being naked. He wasn't a fool, he knew she'd just put herself through hell.

He had located his pants finally and was getting dressed, Davina's back was to him, but just as he was pulling on his clothes, the door open and his father walked in.

Kol glared at Mikael, who raised a disapproving brow as he looked between Kol and Davina.

"Oh stop judging, I saw you in far worse states, with mother," Kol sneered as he finished pulling on his pants. He grabbed up his sweater, then cursed Dahlia for having hidden his bloody boots.

Mikael just sighed, looking exasperated. Kol finally found his boots, once he pulled those on, he was careful about scooping up Davina, who just slumped against him. He made a mental note to call Marcel when they got back home.

"She fought valiantly." Mikael murmured.

Kol nodded because Davina whimpered a bit, hiding more. He knew she was probably never going to like what she did, but he respected that she had done it, and he respected she was capable of it. But because of her discomfort for what she had done, he did not think he'd praise her for killing. Mikael's praise had obviously not sit well with Davina.

"It's alright, love, we're going home," he promised softly. "Not New Orleans, not yet, but we're going to my home, we'll get you cleaned up, checked over, and sleep. We'll even call Marcel, FaceTime or Skype, or whatever the bloody hell it is to make it so you see the other person."

"Both," she muttered.

"There, we'll do both," he avowed. He felt her lips curve against his neck. When he had gotten out of the house he waited for Mikael to start leading. He pointed at Dahlia's wands and his own. Mikael shook his head, and Kol raised a brow as he looked at Davina then at Mikael. It wasn't a suggestion, he wanted those wands not to fall into someone else's hands. When he was on his own he'd come pick through Dahlia's house, but those wands were an immediate concern of his. He saw his wand, and Davina's, which had him pointing to those too when Mikael appeared with the nine staffs. Mikael rolled his eyes but grabbed them up.

Kol saw Dahlia's body, and where Davina's athame was protruding as he followed Mikael. Part of Kol hated to leave her there like this, but he'd come give her a proper burial later. He couldn't deal with his family bullshit now though. Kol pressed his lips to Davina's head as they walked. He didn't think she'd be alright for a while, and he planned on making her talk to Cami and Marcel about what had happened. He didn't think he'd be the best person for her to talk to about what had happened because he was desensitized to the act of killing at this point, and while his first kills had fucked him up and left powerful impressions, they were in a different time, and with different context. Kol trailed after Mikael for a long while until they reached the car.

Davina had fallen asleep at this point, he could feel her even breaths against his neck, and the way she was limp against him.

Carefully putting her in the backseat he checked her over that she wasn't suffering a hidden injury that her adrenaline might've made her miss.

"She fought valiantly," Mikael admitted.

"I saw," Kol muttered.

"How the bloody hell did that witch get you?" Mikael snarled.