Chapter 28: coming back to the museum

After the battle with the Plant Fiend, Ladybug, and Black Panther leap through the museum, and they look around for a hiding place.

Black Panther: Behind the pillar. *They go behind the pillar and de-transform, Marinette feeds Tikki a macaroon and Luka feeds Plagg a marshmallow.*

Plagg: I thought that fight would never end.

Marinette: Let's go before the others get suspicious. *They came out of the pillar and see the others.*

Alya: Hey. What happened to you guys?

Marinette: Well, we were stuck in a cocoon.

Luka: Luckily we got out.

Nino: Oh. It was weird.

Alim Kubdel: Thank goodness you're all alright.

Alix: Sorry about your museum, dad.

Alim Kubdel: It's all right, what matter is that you're alright. Now I'll let you guys explore more, I gotta give a local tour to some more people who also want to see the Ice Age exhibit. *He walks away and the others look around in the museum.*

At the park, Adrien finishes up his photoshoot, he looks for the small box that has Marinette's belated birthday present.

Adrien: Come on. Where's the box? I thought I put it in my pocket. I must've dropped it. But where? (That's the only thing I haven't been giving to Marinette since her birthday.) *Soon, his phone buzzed, it was a message from Nathalie reminding him about brunch with the Tsurugis.* Guess I can find it later. *He gets up and goes to the car, Nathalie let him in the car and she gets in too, Gorilla drives to the Grand Hotel.*

Nathalie: What's wrong, Adrien?

Adrien: Oh. Nothing.

Nathalie: Are you sure? You seem quiet when you got in the car.

Adrien: Just what's been going on?

Nathalie: (I don't know what's upsetting him, but I must tell Gabriel about this. This is not him at all.)

In Lila's room, Lila holds the small box.

Lila: Hmm. Let's see what he was supposed to give her. *She opens the wrapping paper and it's a small box, she opens it and it shows a pair of bluebird earrings.* What? Bluebird earrings? I've always wanted these, but I never got them. Why does she always get the good stuff? Well, that won't do at all. I'm gonna show her I can play too. *She takes off her old pair of earrings and put on the new pair, she goes to the mirror and looks at them.* So beautiful. And so mine. *She smirks evilly.*

Back in the museum, Marinette checks the time and a message from Master Fu

MF: Marinette, come to my house. I have something to show you.

Marinette: (Right now?) *She looks at the others and Luka, and she texts him back.*

M: On my way. *She walks to the left.*

Luka: Hey, where are you going?

Marinette: My mom said I have to come home for lunch. I'll be back later.

Luka: Okay. *She leaves the museum and heads home.*

Tikki: What is it, Marinette?

Marinette: Master Fu said he got something. Not sure what it is.

Tikki: You think it's new power, a way to stop Syndrome and get the miracle box back?

Marinette: Not sure. We'll have to wait and see what he has to say. *She goes to his house.*