Chapter 96: XY's new image

In the París Musix Records, Bob Roth look at Pride Month on Livestream, he see Jagged Stone performing, XY wasn't on the performers' list.

XY: This makes no sense. I should be at that festival.

Bob Roth: Sometimes I wonder that myself. I mean Jagged does have that album cover design and people like it, Clara Nightingale's new song has been released, think it's time to build a new image for you.

XY: A new image, huh? Okay. I see what you mean. How does a famous star get a new image?

Bob Roth: I don't know. Maybe try tweaking up your music. I'll help you in a minute.

XY: Alright. *He walks away and thinks about what new image he will be using to become noticeable and popular.* Hmm. I know they gotta have a new look, a new song, and pretty much everything. Looks like I'll start with... A new look. *He had Penny help with that.*

Penny: So, what look are we looking for, XY?

XY: Something that means "Wow! It's XY! Isn't he so handsome and hot?" *Penny pretends to gag.* And what it means to be a famous artist.

Penny: I'll see what we got. *She goes through the clothes rack and shows him a few new looks, he denies most of them.*

XY: Ugh. Nothing represents what I want. What's next?

Penny: Try recording a new song.

XY: Okay. Get Trevor on the phone. Time to make a comeback.

In the recording booth, Trevor showed XY a song he is working on.

Trevor: It's called Don't break my heart.

XY: Not bad. Meaningful lyrics.

Trevor: This represents my last breakup with my girlfriend.

XY: Yeah, yeah, don't care. Please leave.

Trevor: Right. *He walks out of the booth.* (D*ck.)

Howard: Okay, XY, you ready?

XY: Yep.

Howard: Don't break my heart, take 1. *He hit the record and the play button, XY like the beat of the drum and the keyboard melody.*

XY: (Okay. And 1,2,3.) Hey girl, I know what you did. How could you do this to me? I thought we had a thing going on, but I was wrong. (Is this the best Trevor can do? This is trash.) Cut! Cut! Stop recording! *Howard press the record button and stopped recording.* What is this? This is not what I was hoping for. Trevor, rewrite this.

Trevor: Too informational?

XY: More like too doesn't make any sense. What is wrong with you guys? I want a new image and I'm not getting it. *Penny presses the microphone button.*

Penny: XY, we tried what you told us to do and it's not working for you. What else do you want us to do?

XY: Just take 5, I'll think of something.

Howard: Gotta call my wife. *Everyone leaves the recording booth, XY sighed and he leaves the recording booth and goes to the hallway, he holds a guitar and he looks up at pictures of the greatest artists and musicians in Paris. He sighed and look down.*

XY: Why can't I have that image back? It was fine without Jagged Stone, Clara Nightingale, and anybody else who's been in the music biz for years before me.