Chapter 143: Heading home and ramen night

After the battle, everyone heads home and they get a break- for now. You'll never know when the next fight could come. Marinette's in her room, putting in the final designer detail on the costume design before she shows it to Clara. Soon, her phone rang. She looked at it, it was Alya.

Marinette: Hello?

Alya: Hey, girl. What's up?

Marinette: Just putting the finishing touches on Clara's costume

Marinette: Just putting the finishing touches on Clara's costume. I wanna show her my design before I get started on it.

Alya: Cool. I can't wait to see her like it. I wanna be the first to know.

Marinette: You will once she approves it.

Sabine: Kids, dinner!

Marinette: Gotta go.

Alya: Okay. *Marinette hangs up and heads downstairs to the dinner table.*

Tom: Here you go.

Bridgette: Thanks, dad.

Tom: You're welcome, honey. Hey sweetie, hope you're hungry.

Marin: It's ramen noodles.

Marinette: Okay. *Tom fix her a bowl and handed it to her.* Thanks. *She sits down and everyone starts eating.*

Sabine: Everyone, I got some news.

Marin: It's not bad, is it?

Sabine: No. Your dad and I are going to cater a beach wedding this weekend.

Bridgette: A wedding? Who's getting married? *Timmy slurps the ramen broth a little bit, and Marinette drinks some water.*

Tom: It's for a doctor.

Marin: Cool. Will we help out in any way?

Sabine: Yeah, if you want to.

Marin: Okay.

Marinette: I wouldn't mind helping out.

Timmy: Me too.

Sabine: That's good.

Tom: Marinette, how's Clara's costume going?

Marinette: It's going okay. I just gotta show her the design tomorrow and see if it's okay before I make it.

Tom: That's good. I'm sure she'll love it.

Marinette: (Let's hope so.) *Soon, Sabine felt a bit strange in her stomach, she put her chopsticks down and feels her stomach.*

Tom: Sabine, you're okay?

Sabine: I don't know. I feel funny.

Bridgette: You're not getting sick, are you?

Sabine: I don't know. I hope not. It's nothing, I'm alright. *Then something happened, and she start to gag a little bit.* Excuse me for a minute. *She starts to gag as she gets up and goes to the bathroom.*

Timmy: What's wrong with mom?

Tom: I don't know. She'll probably tell us what's wrong when she's done. Anyway, I know you guys got something fun planned for tomorrow.

Marinette: Nothing at the moment.

Bridgette: We tried going to the movies, but it had to end early because of the Akuma attack.

Timmy: Can we go to the park?

Marinette: We went there a few times already.

Timmy: I know. But I like going there.

Marin: We could go to the museum.

Marinette: Been there. We saw the new Ice Age exhibit a couple of weeks ago.

Bridgette: Hey. I heard a new juice bar is opening down the street tomorrow. We could try that. It's called Juicy Juice.

Marin: Juicy Juice?

Marinette: I think we can try that.

Timmy: I love juice.

Tom: I'm sure you all will have fun when you go there.

Bridgette: We will. *Soon, Sabine walks back from the bathroom and sits back down.*

Tom: You okay?

Sabine: Yeah. Just have an upset stomach. I'll be fine.

Tom: Okay. If you feel worse later on, you can tell me and we could get you checked out by a doctor.

Sabine: I'll let you know. *She starts eating her ramen and for the rest of dinner, it's quiet.*

When bedtime came, Marinette get the design all done.

Marinette: There. What do you think, Tikki?

Tikki: It looks great, Marinette. Clara's gonna love it.

Marinette: Hope she does. I hate for my good work to go to waste.

Tikki: It won't. She'll love it and you're gonna design it for her too.

Marinette: Yeah. Just hope Jacques won't be too strict when I see him. *She closes the book and put it on her shelf, she goes to change into her pajamas, brushes her teeth, and gets ready for bed.* Good night, Tikki. *She turns the light off.*

Tikki: Good night, Marinette

Tikki: Good night, Marinette. *They both fall asleep.*