Chapter 168: Luka and Juleka's dad came by

In the houseboat, Luka opens the door and he sees his dad and a little boy and girl.

Othiteka: Luka?

Luka: Dad?

Anarka: I know this is a little shock. But he wants to explain why he left.

Juleka: I thought he left because he has a second family.

Othiteka: That part's true, but there's more. Sit down, son. *Luka sits down.* So you already know half of me, and your mom divorced, but the other part was that... I cheated on her with someone who I know for quite a while. Then she told me she was pregnant, and I was the father. I kept that a secret from your mom, but it wasn't long until "she" came by and asked, "Where's Othiteka?"

Juleka: Who was "She"?

Othiteka: She was Miranda. An old high school friend who I have known before I met your mom.

Anarka: When Luka was 4 and Juleka was 2, I went to do some shopping when I met Miranda. I saw she had a baby. She came to my doorstep and asked me "Where's Othiteka?" I was confused when she asked where my dad was, she told me "He's the father of my son." I was mad when I heard her say that. Then I confronted your dad and he told me everything, and also found out about his affair and him being the father of a baby to a second family.

 Then I confronted your dad and he told me everything, and also found out about his affair and him being the father of a baby to a second family

Othiteka: Once the truth came out, we were divorced, and I had to live with Miranda and take care of my kids.

Luka: So, you left us with another family? I can't believe you.

Anarka: Luka, I know this is not a good thing to hear, but...

Luka: You're not getting back together, are you?

Anarka: I don't know. We may have to think about it.

Othiteka: And that's not all. 4 years passed; Miranda was diagnosed with breast cancer. It cost a lot of money for treatments, and I couldn't afford her treatments like chemo, radiation, and doctor appointments, and can't pay off hospital bills. We were a little low on money and I had nothing else to do.

Juleka: What happened to her?

Othiteka: She passed away on April 6th. Three months before her birthday.

Juleka: Sorry to hear that.

Othiteka: I had no one else close to me to help. My parents can't help me, my brothers didn't care about me, my uncle wasn't much help, my older sister didn't care either, and even my aunt can't help. We had to sell everything so I can provide for my... other kids. Leaving you all was the biggest mistake of my life. I'm sorry. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me and maybe... be a family again.

Luka: Dad... I don't know. To leave us with another family, your late wife died years ago, and now that you're back... you wanna be a family again?

Othiteka: I know this is a lot to handle, but I promise I would do better. *Luka scowled and looked away.*

Luka: I highly doubt it. *He stands up and heads up to the deck.*

Anarka: He'll come around. And I know you missed out on their childhood over the years and have other kids, but... I'll help you with whatever I can do.

Othiteka: Thank you. Say hello to Anarka. This is Aria and Michael.

Aria: Will you be our real mom?

Anarka: I-I don't know.

Othiteka: I know this is too soon, but... think we can stay here?

Anarka: I'll see what I can do.

Othiteka: Thank you.

Juleka: (I hope Luka won't be too mad about dad coming back.)