198. Emotional Visit

Start from the beginning

"Yup. You are. You're the most amazing man that I've ever met. I mean, remember that time that I was raising money for a charity and my family had raised three hundred dollars, but you wanted to get it to two thousand dollars, so you donated $1,700? That was amazing and I remember when I saw that you had done that, I called you crying and I just kept saying I love you and that you're the most amazing man ever and I kept thanking you." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Well it was for a good cause and I just wanted to help." Shawn said. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. When I looked at him, he was frowning and pouting.

"What?" I asked.

"You didn't kiss my lips. And my lips like your lips." Shawn said, I threw my head back with laughter.

"Well then, your lips will get my lips." I said before putting my lips on his. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I kept kissing until it was like we couldn't possibly kiss anymore. We then pulled away and smiled at each other as we both tried to catch our breath.

"We probably shouldn't do that in front of your family members." Shawn said. My eyes widened but I laughed.

"No! You're going to meet a woman, my Aunt Margaret, who thinks that the f word is fart!" I said. Shawn chuckled. Aunt Margaret had taken after her mother, my great-Grandma Lucy, who was practically a saint. The next week Shawn and I got in the car and started the roughly five hours and forty two minute drive up to New York.

"Are you excited baby girl?" Shawn asked as he drove with one hand on the wheel and held my other hand. I interlaced our fingers and put them in my lap.

"Yeah. But I'm also nervous." I said as I looked out the car window. Shawn squeezed my hand and I looked at him. Oh my gosh he's so handsome.

"Why darling?" Shawn asked. I sighed.

"Shawn, I haven't seen my family in years and I might be going to my grandfather's grave for the first time -" I started.

"I will do everything in my power to get you to your grandfather's grave." Shawn said. I nodded before I began speaking again.

"And plus we're bringing their wedding invitations but we're not bringing one for my cousin Katie." I said, mentioning Uncle George's granddaughter. Shawn squeezed my hand.

"Yes but we have our reasons for that. Your Uncle George will understand. We'll just explain to him our reasoning behind it." Shawn said. I nodded and then brought his hand to my lips before placing a gentle kiss there. Shawn smiled at me before looking back out at the road.

"You always know the right things to say to make me feel better." I said.

"Well I'm glad that I could make you feel better honey." Shawn said. I nodded and after a few hours, we arrived at the hotel and checked in. I texted Aunt Margaret and told her what hotel we were at and what room number we were in. She said that her and my uncles were on their way. I looked at Shawn.

"Remember, do not say fart! It's the f word to Aunt Margaret!" I said. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Okay. I won't say it. How are you feeling baby?" Shawn asked. I sighed.

"Excited but nervous. But as long as I have you by my side, I'm good." I said with a smile, and Shawn smiled back.

"I love you." He said, causing my smile to widen.

"I love you too." I said. Soon, there was a knock at the door, and I opened it to reveal my family members.

"Hi sweetie!" Aunt Margaret said before she gave me a hug.