75. Cheater pt. 2

Shawn's point of view

"Scotch, on the rocks." I asked the bartender. I was at some party that my buddy Brian dragged me to. I don't even want to be here. Three months ago I cheated on my now former girlfriend with a lady named Amanda from my record deal. It was the biggest mistake of my life. Y/n was right, I couldn't keep it in my pants. The bartender handed me my drink.

"Dude," Brian said. I looked at him. "I have to tell you something."

"What?" I asked.

"Y/n is here." He said. I perked up at the mere sound of her name.

"Really? Maybe I can make things up with her." I asked and said. He shook his head.

"I don't think you should." He said.

"Why not? I know I majorly messed up but there's got to be a way that I can win her back." I argued. Brian shook his head again and pointed in the direction that was behind me.

"Look." He said. I turned around and there she was. Wow. She looked stunning. She was wearing a small, but not too small, blue dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. I was just about to get up and walk over to her when I noticed something. No, scratch that, someone.

A guy walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist as a slow song came on and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked happy. Really happy. Her smile looked so bright and big as they slowly swayed to the music. It was like she couldn't take her eyes off of him and he couldn't take his eyes off her. The song soon came to an end and she whispered something in his ear. He nodded, and kissed her. My blood boiled. They pulled away, smiling. She soon started to walk towards the bar. I turned away and pretended as if I had seen nothing.

"Two Coors Lights please." I heard her say. I turned to her.

"Hey." I said. She looked at me, surprised.

"Oh, hi." She said.

"I thought that you didn't like beer." I said.

"I used to but Alex got me into it. He's right. The carbonation is cool." She said. She's always hated the carbonation.

"I'm guessing that Alex is the guy that you were dancing with?" I asked. Her eyes widened.

"What, so you're watching me now?" She asked.

"Brian pointed you guys out to me." I said. She nodded.

"Oh, okay. So how have you been?" She asked.

"Do you want the truth?" I asked.

"You know I don't like liars." She said as the beers were handed to her.

"I've been a wreck without you. You look happy with him but I could make you so much happier." I said. She looked me dead in the eyes and shook her head. My heart broke.

"No. You broke my heart. He makes me happier than I've ever been." She said. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from behind and Alex kissed her cheek.

"Hey baby. Isn't this Shawn?" He said and asked with a frown. She nodded.

"Yup. But I was just about to head back to you. Come on, let's go dance." She said. He smiled at her and nodded. She turned back to me. "I hope that you had fun with Amanda!" She said. I went and looked for Brian.

"I'm leaving." I said.

"Dude, I know that you miss her, but you've got to get yourself together." He said.

"She was the love of my life. Shit, she is the love of my life." I said.

"Then why did you cheat on her?" Brian asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know." I said, and with that, I headed out. I took one more peek at her. I had to say something to her. I walked up to her and Alex. She frowned at me.

"What do you want Shawn?" She asked.

"I just wanted to say that you look beautiful and that I'll always love you. Alex, treat her right." I said, turning to him. He nodded.

"I will. I know how to." He said. I nodded, and with that, I left.