121. Shawn Is Drunk

A/n: Explicit language in this one! Also, sorry this sucks. Please enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!

"Hello my darling." My boyfriend of three and a half years, Shawn Mendes, said as he walked up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I was standing at the sink, doing dishes and hadn't expected him, so hearing his voice and feeling his arms wrap around me made me jump.

"Hey handsome. You scared me." I said with a giggle. He kissed my clothed shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby." He said.

"It's okay honey. What's up?" I asked as I turned around after finishing up the dishes.

"Brian's throwing a party tonight and I think I'm going to go. Do you want to come with me baby?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment. I would absolutely love to just cuddle up with Shawn on the couch and watch Harry Potter or something, but he's only home for a little bit, and I want to spend as much time with him as I possibly can. I smiled and nodded.

"Sure." I said. Shawn smiled at me and pecked my lips.

"Come on let's go get dressed." Shawn said as he took my hand and guided me up the stairs. We went upstairs to our bedroom and Shawn changed into a button down with palm trees on it and black jeans, and I changed into blue jeans and a white shirt that said "send dog pics". I soon stepped out of the bathroom after doing my makeup and walked over to Shawn.

"How do I look?" I asked my loving boyfriend. Shawn turned to me and his eyes widened as he smiled.

"Beautiful, per usual. I'm loving the shirt." Shawn said with a chuckle. I blushed and kissed his cheek.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked. Shawn nodded and we headed out to his jeep. We soon arrived at the party.

"We're here." Shawn said.

"Good. I'll be the designated driver tonight Shawny." I said before we stepped out of the car. He sent me a questioning look.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. You drink up, okay?" I asked. Shawn laughed and nodded. We went into Brian's house and were immediately met with the sound of a bass thumping. The music was blaring.

"So do you just want a water?" Shawn yelled over the music. I nodded.

"Yes please." I said. Shawn smiled at me and disappeared into the crowd. I soon spotted Brian talking to one of Shawn's other friends, Jon.

"Hey Y/n! I'm so glad that you could make it." Brian said. I gave them each hugs and Shawn soon walked over with a water for me and a corona extra for him.

"Thank you." I said to Shawn. He wrapped his arm around my waist, kissed my cheek, and then took a sip of his beer.

"Y/n are just going to drink water?" Jon asked, his eyes wide. I laughed and nodded.

"Yes she is. She said that she'll be the designated driver for tonight and let me drink up." Shawn said.

"Well I'm spending the night here at Brian's so I can get as trashed as I want." Jon said, and we all laughed. Shawn soon guided me around the room so we could talk with other people. Within five minutes, Shawn's first corona was gone, but he quickly grabbed a second.

"I know I said that you can get hammered tonight, but take it easy and slow down a little, okay babe?" I asked Shawn. He smiled at me and nodded.

"Okay." Shawn said, but within another five minutes, that corona was gone. Oh gosh. "I'm going to go take some shots of tequila." Shawn said and immediately walked away. I walked with him. I watched as Shawn took one shot, then two, then three, then four, and then a fifth.

"Okay, come on, that's enough of the shots." I said. Shawn was tipsy. He looked over at me and I could tell that he was drunk right away.

"But I like themmmm." Shawn whined. I stifled a laugh.

"I know but we don't want you puking everywhere." I said.

"Ohhhhhh that's a good point babe. You're so smart. Hey Brian! Come here! My girlfriend's so smart." Shawn said. I giggled and blushed.

"Dude how much have you had to drink?" Brian asked. I could tell that he was a bit buzzed but Shawn was just full on drunk. Shawn thought for a moment before shrugging.

"I don't know." He said and started to cry. I suddenly became concerned and held his face in my hands.

"What's wrong handsome?" I asked him.

"I don't remember how much I've had to drink." He said. I bit my lip in order to hold back a laugh.

"That's okay honey, you just lost track. You had five shots of tequila and two coronas." I said. He stopped crying and both him and Brian nodded. The party continued and Shawn had another corona. He could barely walk by then. "Okay, let's get you home."

"But I don't want to go." Shawn whined as he leaned on me, almost causing me to fall over, as we walked to the car. I struggled to get him into the passenger seat.

"Come on Shawn, you have to work with me here." I said. Shawn finally got in the car and I buckled him in. Before I could fully finish buckling him in. He gently grabbed my face and started to kiss me. The taste of alcohol coming from him was gross so I pulled away.

"Heyyy I liked that kiss." Shawn said.

"I know, but you taste like alcohol." I said and scrunched up my nose. He sighed and I shut the door so I could get in the car. We finally got home and walked in the door. "Let's get you changed." I said before leading Shawn upstairs and into our bedroom. I went to help him take his shirt off but he gently pushed me away and crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry but I have a girlfriend and she's hot and gorgeous as fuck, so please don't take my shirt off." Shawn said, absolutely, one hundred percent serious. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Shawny, I am your girlfriend." I said. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he tilted his head to the side.

"Okay... then tell me something only Y/n and I would know." Shawn said. I thought for a moment.

"You figured out that I'm the one that you want to marry when I met your family and instantly clicked and connected with everyone." I said. Shawn's eyes widened as he rushed over to hug me. I almost fell backwards because he rushed towards me with such force.

"Y/n! It is you!" Shawn said, holding my face in his hands. I nodded.

"Yup. It is." I said. Shawn tried to kiss my lips but ended up kissing my chin instead.

"Let me try that again." Shawn slurred. This time, he went to kiss my forehead and ended up kissing in between my eyes. I giggled and pulled away.

"Okay, let's get you changed." I said, successfully pulling his shirt over his head this time. I helped him change into sweatpants and a long sleeve with a youth hoodie and got him into bed. I soon got changed too.

"Y/n." Shawn said as I put on my sweatpants. He made grabby hands at me.

"Cuddles." He slurred. I giggled.

"Let me just finish getting dressed and then we'll have cuddles, okay?" I asked. Shawn pouted but nodded. I soon finished getting ready for bed and cuddled up next to him. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you bubs." Shawn said. Bubs? He had never called me that before.

"I love you too. Bubs? Where did that come from?" I asked.

"I just thought that it would be cute. Can I call you that?" Shawn said and asked. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yes you can honey." I said.

"Yay!" Shawn cheered as he rolled over so he was on top of me.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes bubs?" He asked.

"I can't breathe, can you get off me please." I asked. He got off of me and I went back to having my head on his chest.

"Good night bubs." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Good night." I said. He was definitely going to have a rough time in the morning.