28. You're Insecure

Lately I've been feeling really insecure about my looks. My boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, says that he thinks that I'm beautiful but I don't believe it. I have stretch marks on my arms, I have stretch marks on my boobs, and I have stretch marks on my stomach. I feel like I have a fat stomach and big arms. I hate the way that I look. Shawn has no clue that I'm feeling this way, and I don't plan on telling him. He'll just get upset. Not in a mad way, just in a sad way. I know that he doesn't want me to feel this way but I can't help it. Shawn will be home from a meeting soon and, like I said, I don't plan on telling him about how I feel. He soon walked in the door.

"Hello my love. How was your day?" He asked as he smiled at me.

"It was good. I went shopping and now I'm tired." I said with a laugh. Shawn laughed too.

"Well, I'm tired too, so why don't we take a nap together? That sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"That sounds perfect." I said. Shawn led me up the stairs and into our bedroom and we laid down in bed. He wrapped his arms around me so his arms were on my stomach. I don't like that, but if I move his hands, then he'll know how I'm feeling, which I don't want. I decided to leave it, even though it bothered me.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. Thoughts about how I looked swarmed around in my brain. I soon felt tears come up, and I practically ran to the bathroom. I shut the door and cried silently, or at least as quietly as I could, but apparently that wasn't good enough. I heard feet quickly pad across the floor and then there was a knock on the door.

"Baby? Are you okay?" Shawn asked. I didn't know what to say, so I just didn't answer. When I didn't answer, Shawn walked in. "What's wrong love?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said.

"But baby girl I need to know what's wrong or else I can't help you." He said.

"No Shawn, please just leave me alone." I said. He hesitated, then shook his head.

"I'm sorry hun, but I can't just leave this alone. I need to know what's going on because I want to help you." Shawn said, rubbing my legs as I sat on the sink.

"I don't need your help." I said, but it came out a little harsher than I meant it to.

"Y/n I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend, but if you don't want me to be a good boyfriend, then fine, I'll leave you alone. Whatever." Shawn said as he walked out and slammed the door. This made me cry even harder. I didn't try to hide my cries this time though. He already knew that I was crying, so why hide it?

I eventually stopped crying and walked out of the bathroom. Shawn was asleep in bed. I got hungry, it was almost dinner time. I decided to make Shawn and I some food. I made us some ravioli. I know, it's not much, but it's something. Shawn soon came downstairs and saw me. He must not have been upset anymore, because when he saw me, he smiled.

"Hi darling. Something smells good." Shawn said.

"Hi honey. Yeah, I made ravioli. Is that okay or do you want something else?" I asked. He shook his head and put his arms around my waist before kissing my forehead. The spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left it.

"Ravioli is perfect. Whatever you make is perfect. I'm sorry about earlier, but I was just trying to help." He said. I nodded.

"I know, and I'm sorry I snapped. I didn't mean to. I just, I didn't want to talk about it and you kept pushing it." I said, looking down. He lightly lifted my chin up with his index finger so I was looking into his comforting brown eyes.