29. You're Sick

I woke up feeling nauseous and feeling like I was about to throw up. I slipped out of my boyfriend, Shawn Mendes's grip, and ran to the bathroom to get sick. I soon heard Shawn run to the bathroom and he whipped open the door.

"Baby? What can I do?" Shawn asked.

"Water." Was all I could say before I threw up some more. Shawn ran downstairs and quickly came back up and into the bathroom with a bottle of water. "Thank you." I said as I finished throwing up, and sipped the water. Shawn rubbed my back, soothing me.

"You're welcome baby girl. Feeling any better?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. What time is it?" I asked. Shawn and I walked back into the bathroom to check.

"Two o'clock in the morning. Let's go back to bed babe, I want you to rest." Shawn said. I nodded and got in under the covers and cuddled up to him. I fell asleep, but an hour later I woke back up and threw up again. Shawn came back in and put his hand on my forehead. "You're burning up honey. If you keep throwing up I'll take you to the doctors today, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you." I said. Shawn smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too my dear. Come on, let's see if you can get some more rest." Shawn said. We got back into bed, but every hour, on the hour, I was getting up to throw up, and each time that I threw up, Shawn would come in and rub my back. Due to the fact that I kept waking up, I didn't get much sleep. Ugh. I need my sleep. In the morning, Shawn took me to the doctors. They gave me some medicine and sent me on my way.

"Shawn I hate this. I feel like shit." I said after throwing up immediately after we got home.

"I know honey, I know. I wish I could take this all away and put it on me." Shawn said.

"No because then I would just want to put it back on me." I said with a giggle. Shawn laughed. I yawned.

"Come on Y/n, let's see if we can get you some rest. How does that sound?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"That sounds perfect. I need my beauty rest." I said.

"Baby you're already gorgeous, and you get more and more beautiful every single day." Shawn said, causing me to blush. Shawn laughed when he saw me blushing, and then he kissed my cheek.

"I love you Shawny." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said. I smiled at him, took my medicine, and we went up to bed. I soon fell asleep, and woke up a little bit later. Shawn was laying in bed watching me.

"You're staring at me and it's kind of creepy." I said with a laugh, causing Shawn to laugh. He smiled at me.

"You slept for six hours. It's four o'clock in the afternoon. How are you feeling love?" Shawn asked me.

"Better. Still a little nauseous but - hold on." I said as I ran to the bathroom to get sick. Shawn got me a water and then came in to rub my back. I finished throwing up and started to cry.

"No, no, no, don't cry honey. Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Because I still don't feel good and somehow I'm still tired. I want to feel awake and I want to feel better." I said. Shawn wiped away my tears but they kept coming.

"I know honey, I know. Do you want to cuddle?" Shawn asked. I nodded and helped to wipe away my own tears.

"Yeah. Will you actually rub my stomach please? I don't know if that will help it, but can we try?" I asked Shawn. He smiled at me and nodded.

"Of course. I think you're actually due for some medicine." Shawn said. Shawn got me my medicine and then we went back to bed and I laid on my back as Shawn rubbed my stomach. It felt soothing and somehow helped me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again. When I woke up, it was morning. I looked to my right and saw that Shawn wasn't in bed. I walked downstairs to find him making something. I was about to walk over to him and hug him from behind but the smell soon got to me and I ran to the bathroom to get sick. Shawn soon ran in and gave me some water.

"I'm sorry Shawn." I said when I was done getting sick. Confusion was soon etched across his face.

"Why are you sorry Y/n?" He asked.

"Because I was going to give you a hug from behind and then the smell hit me and I had to run in here to throw up." I said. Shawn rubbed my cheek.

"You're fine love. That's okay. I can still get a hug." Shawn said with a smile. I smiled back, wiped my mouth, and walked over to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and I was in my safe space, my home.

"Ugh I don't even want to eat." I said. Shawn nodded as we pulled away from each other.

"I know honey but you have to." Shawn said.

"But I'm just going to throw it up." I said.

"But you don't know that for sure. Maybe you'll feel better. Have you taken the medicine yet today?" Shawn said and asked. I shook my head.

"Not yet." I said.

"Go take it and then you'll eat. Even if it's just a little bit I want you to eat, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded and went upstairs to take my medicine. I took it, went back downstairs, and ate.

"I actually don't feel nauseous or like I'm going to get sick." I said a little bit after I was done eating.

"Good. That means that the medicine is working." Shawn said.

"Thanks for being there for me through all of this." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Of course. I love you darling." Shawn said, causing me to smile.

"I love you too." I said. Shawn smiled at me. It took a few days, but after those few days, I was back to normal. I will forever be grateful for Shawn.