166. Rose Is On The Red Carpet

I woke up in the morning feeling like crap. My nose felt stuffed up, I had a headache, and I felt like I was going to puke. I opened my eyes and saw that my husband, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, was still asleep. I suddenly had the urge to puke and got out of his grip as I ran into the bathroom to throw up. I then felt someone rubbing my back.

"You okay love?" Shawn asked. I wiped my mouth after I finished puking and then shook my head.

"No. I feel so beyond lousy." I said. I felt bad because Shawn looked so concerned. He put the back of his hand to my forehead and then made a face as he pulled his hand away.

"You're burning up babe. Why don't you stay here at the hotel tonight?" Shawn said and asked.

"Oh crap, I completely forgot about the award show tonight. I'm so sorry Shawn." I said. Shawn shrugged.

"It's okay baby. I just want my wife to feel better. Wait, you and Rose are the same size in clothes, right?" Shawn asked as he mentioned our eighteen year old daughter who had come to Los Angeles with us. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. Shawn smiled.

"What if I bring my Rosie girl to the award show tonight?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Sure, if she's up for it." I said. Shawn nodded. Shawn then pulled out his phone and asked Rose to come to our hotel room since she was staying in her own room. Soon, there was a knock at the door and Shawn let Rose in.

"Good morning mom, good morning Daddy." Rose said.

"Good morning sweet pea. I have a favor to ask, and you can totally say no if you want to." Shawn said. Rose nodded.

"Okay." She said.

"Your mom isn't feeling good, and I know that you guys are the same size in clothes. Would you like to wear your mother's dress and be my plus one to the award show tonight?" Shawn asked. Rose's whole face lit up as she smiled.

"Really?" She asked. Shawn and I chuckled. Shawn nodded.

"Really." He said.

"I'd love to!" She said. Shawn stood up and hugged her. I stayed away since I didn't want to get her sick.

"Okay, I'll let Andrew know. Are interviews okay, or no?" Shawn said and asked. Rose thought for a moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"Interviews are fine. As long as I'm with my Daddy, I'm okay." Rose said with a smile, causing Shawn to smile. Rose, and her sister Sarah, who's back at home, are big Daddy's girls, but Rose more so than Sarah. Our son Jake, who is also at home, is a big Momma's boy, which I love.

"Here Rose, let me show you my dress." I said as I brought her over to the closet. It was a long, flowy red dress. Rose's eyes widened.

"I love it! What's dad going to be wearing?" Rose asked.

"A black and white suit and tie. Are you excited?" I said and asked. Rose smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm kind of nervous, but I'm mostly excited." Rose said. I smiled and nodded. Not too many hours later, it was time for Shawn and Rose to get ready.

Rose's point of view

I put on the flowy red dress that belongs to my beautiful mother, and smiled. Was I really about to walk on the red carpet and then go to an award show with my dad, the legendary Shawn Mendes? Yes. My mom was originally going to be the one to go with my dad to the show, but she got sick, so she can't make it. I did some light make up and let my long, slightly curly, brown hair that I got from my father. I put on red heels that went with the dress and stepped out of the hotel bathroom.