141. "What About Me?"

"Oh my gosh Y/n, look at this dress!" Aaliyah Mendes said. Aaliyah's brother is my boyfriend of four years, the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes.

"It's gorgeous. Do you want to try that one on too?" I asked. Aaliyah nodded. Aaliyah has a school dance coming up in two days so I decided to take her shopping.

"Yeah." She said. We picked out two more dresses and then she went to try them on. When she was done showing them to me, I gave her my opinion.

"I like the pink one the best. It's not too short, but it's also not too long. Plus, you look stunning in it! But then again, you always look stunning." I said, causing Aaliyah to blush.

"Thank you. Yeah I liked that one best too. Can we get that one?" She asked. I nodded.

"Of course! Let's go to the cash register." I said.

"Are you sure that you don't mind paying?" Aaliyah asked.

"I'm positive." I said. I paid for the dress and her and I went back to mine and Shawn's place.

"Where's Shawn?" Aaliyah asked.

"Oh he has a meeting but he should be home soon. Do you want to show him the dress?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah." She said.

"Okay. Do you want to stay for dinner and then either me or Shawn will drive you back afterwards?" I asked. She thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. Let me just text my mom." She said before pulling out her phone. Shawn soon arrived home.

"Hey! What are you doing here Liyah?" Shawn asked.

"Well Y/n and I went shopping today and she said that I could stay for dinner." Aaliyah said.

"Oh, cool. Did you two have fun?" Shawn said and asked with a smile.

"Yeah. Do you want to see the dress that I got?" Aaliyah asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah." He said. When Aaliyah ran out of the room to get the dress, Shawn gave me a kiss. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away and he sat down next to me. Aaliyah came back with the dress in her hands.

"Do you like it?" She asked Shawn nervously. I know how much she values Shawn's opinions.

"Isn't it a little short?" He asked.

"I saw her wearing it, and it's not too short, and not too long." I said. Shawn hesitantly nodded.

"Okay. I really like the color of it. How do you feel about it?" Shawn asked his little sister who is beyond precious to him.

"I really like it. Y/n helped me to pick it out." Aaliyah said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Did she now?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yup." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek.

"Ewww." Aaliyah said, causing Shawn and I to laugh. After dinner, I drove Aaliyah back to her parent's house.

"Thank you so much for this Y/n." Karen said.

"Oh it was no problem. We had a lot of fun, and tomorrow we're going to get our nails done." I said. Karen smiled and I soon left. When I walked in the door to mine and Shawn's house and Shawn saw me, he made grabby hands at me. I laughed and walked over to him. As soon as I was within reach, he pulled me into his lap.

"I have the day off tomorrow, therefore, you and I will be doing nothing but cuddling all day." Shawn said.

"Um, about that." I said. Shawn groaned.

"Please tell me that you're free." Shawn said.

"I'm taking Aaliyah to get her nails done. Sorry bubs" I said.

"What about me?" Shawn asked.

"Do you want to get your nails done too?" I asked with a giggle.

"No, but I want to spend time with my girlfriend." Shawn said. I smiled and turned myself a little so I could run my fingers through his hair.

"Well I promised your sister that I would take her to get her nails done." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. Is it going to take all day?" Shawn asked. I giggled and shook my head no.

"No. It won't." I said.

"Oh thank God." Shawn said, causing me to laugh.

"You know, you have me for the rest of the night. What do you want to do?" I asked. He thought for a moment before smiling.

"Talk about how beautiful you are." Shawn said. I blushed and shook my head.

"No, Shawn. I'm not." I said.

"Not what?" Shawn asked, but I think that he knew the answer.

"I'm not beautiful." I said, looking down. Shawn brought his big hand to my face and turned my head so I was looking him in the eyes.

"You are the most beautiful girl in the world. You're gorgeous and stunning and every nice word that I can think of. Please believe me honey." Shawn pleaded. I smiled but shrugged.

"It's just hard for me to believe it." I said.

"Why?" Shawn asked.

"Well, with everything that your fans write about me." I said.

"Please don't read what they say honey. They're just jealous that you're in a happy relationship." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. The next day I brought Aaliyah to the nail salon, and afterwards, Shawn and I cuddled. I'm so lucky to be with a guy who actually wants to spend time with me.