190. Rose Has A Nightmare

Shawn's point of view

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my year and a half old daughter, Rose Mendes, crying. I felt my wife start to get up but I gently pulled her back down.

"Stay in bed my darling. I got her." I said.

"Are you sure?" Y/n asked, and I could hear the tiredness in her voice. I nodded as I got up even though Y/n couldn't see me.

"I'm positive my love." I said.

"Thank you honey." Y/n said. I was on her side of the bed now and I leaned down to place a gentle kiss on her temple.

"Anything for you baby." I said. I then walked down the hall and into Rose's room.

"Daddy." She cried when she saw me. I picked her up and sat down with her on the chair that's in her room and put her on my lap.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked.

"I had a nightmare." She said, causing my heart to break.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"There were big, scary, monsters and they had long claws. They kept scratching you and Mommy and then they took you guys away from me. I don't want you guys to be taken away from me." Rose said as she cried. My heart broke again.

"Oh honey, no one is taking Mommy and I away from you okay? There are no monsters out there. It was just a bad dream, that's all." I said. Rose nodded her head against my shoulder and I rubbed her back.

"Daddy?" Rose asked after a moment.

"Yes sweet pea?" I asked.

"I'm scared to fall back asleep." Rose said.

"I know you are honey, but it's really early in the morning and you have to sleep." I said. Rose nodded her head against my shoulder.

"Can I fall asleep on you Daddy?" She asked. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Of course you can sweetie." I said.

"Thank you Daddy." She said, and I kissed the top of her head in response. She soon fell asleep on me. However, due to the fact that I was sitting in a chair, I wasn't able to fall back asleep no matter how hard I tried. I soon heard footsteps pad down the hall and into Rose's room. My wife looked in, and when she saw us, she smiled.

"Hey wifey. What are you doing up?" I asked in a whisper as Y/n walked closer and sat in the chair next to me. Y/n smiled when I called her my wifey.

"Well right now I'm wondering when my husband is coming back to bed." She whispered and giggled quietly. I chuckled quietly before I became serious.

"Rose had a nightmare that monsters with big, long claws were scratching at you and I and then they took us away from her. She asked if she could fall asleep on me, so I said yes." I said. Y/n nodded.

"She should probably sleep in her own bed." Y/n said. I looked down at my daughter and then back at my wife.

"I know, but she's sleeping so peacefully right now." I said. Y/n smiled.

"I know, but she shouldn't get into the habit of this. Why don't you gently put her into her bed and then you and I will get into our bed?" Y/n asked. I sighed and nodded. I slowly stood up and put Rose back in her bed. I then interlaced my fingers with my wife. Her touch sent electricity through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. We got back into our bed and got under the covers. Y/n snuggled up to me as I wrapped my arms around her and she kissed my jaw, causing me to smile.

"I think that tomorrow I'm going to spend some time with her." I said. Y/n nodded her head against my chest.

"Okay. You're such a good Daddy." Y/n said, causing my smile to widen. I kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you baby. You're such a good Mommy." I said. Y/n kissed my chest and then we fell asleep. I spent the whole day with Rose when she woke up in the morning. Although I'm not glad that she had a nightmare, I love the fact that we spent the day together.