73. He Records Himself While Driving

My boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, likes to record himself while driving. He doesn't do this all of the time, but he does it every once in a while. Personally, I don't like it. I think that he could, God forbid, do it and get into a car accident. I don't want that to happen. He did it just the other day (A/n: he actually didn't but let's just go with it) and we got into a fight about it.

"Shawn did you seriously videotape yourself while driving again?" I asked.

"Well my own song came on, I have to record that when it happens." He said.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah, I love doing that." He said.

"Well I hate it." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you could get into a car accident!" I yelled.

"Okay, okay, don't scream at me!" He yelled.

"Well you could get into a car accident and I don't want to lose the most important person in my life. You mean too much to me Shawn. You either stop recording yourself while you're driving, or we're over." I said. His eyes widened and a look of panic was soon etched across his face.

"No, no, no. I can't lose you." He said.

"Well I can't lose you either Shawn." I said.

"Okay, I'll stop. I promise." He said.

"You absolutely promise?" I asked. He nodded as he hugged me.

"I absolutely promise." He said. I nodded against his chest and we soon went to bed and fell asleep.

One month later

I was sitting on the couch in the home that I share with Shawn when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but for some reason I had a feeling that I should answer it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Miss Y/l/n?" They asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Hi, this is Dr. Daniels at (local hospital name). We regret to inform you that your boyfriend Shawn Mendes was in a car accident and is here. He's in stable condition but he has a broken arm and a concussion." The doctor said.

"I'll be right there." I said. I rushed to the hospital. What could have caused him to get into a car accident? He better not have been recording himself again. I got to the hospital and he was awake. When he saw me, he smiled.

"Hey baby girl." He said.

"Hi honey, what happened?" I asked as I sat on the bed and brushed a stray curl from his forehead.

"I wasn't paying attention to the road and crashed into a guy." He said.

"Were you videotaping yourself again?" I asked. Shawn looked down and sighed. That was it. I had my answer. I got off the bed and sat in the chair.

"I'm sorry honey." He said.

"You broke your promise to me. How am I supposed to trust you?" I said and asked.

"You can trust me." He said defensively.

"Yeah, and if you're breaking promises, how am I supposed to know that for sure?" I asked. Shawn shook his head.

"I don't know." He said.

"I told you that if you continue to do this, then we'll break up. You promised me that you wouldn't do it, and you did it, and look at what happened." I said.