61. He's Home

For the next fifteen days, my boyfriend and the love of my life, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes is home from his festival run, causing me nothing but joy and happiness.

I woke up without Shawn's strong arms around me. My head was no longer resting on his chest. That was how we had fallen asleep: my head on his chest, him laying on his back. I could smell something but couldn't make out what it was. I wandered downstairs only to find a shirtless Shawn standing at the stove. I tiptoed over to him, but before I could even reach him, he spoke up.

"Hi gorgeous." He said.

"How did you know that I was here?" I asked.

"I saw you and your gorgeous self out of the corner of my eye." He said. I nodded and walked up behind him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his back.

"I love you Shawny." I said.

"I love you too, my dear." He said. I smiled.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Bacon and pancakes." Shawn said.

"Yay!" I said. Shawn chuckled. "Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes Y/n?" He asked.

"Do you really think that I'm gorgeous?" I asked. Shawn turned around so he was facing me and held my face in his big hands.

"Of course I do. You're the most gorgeous, prettiest, most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Why do you ask that my love?" Shawn said and asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess I just don't see myself that way." I said. Shawn pulled me in for a hug.

"Oh honey. You're so beautiful. You know, you're pretty sexy too." Shawn said with a smirk. I swatted at his chest lightly.

"Shawn!" I said. Shawn reached his hands down and pinched my butt. "Stop that!" I said. Shawn laughed and turned back around so he could work on our breakfast. We soon sat down for breakfast and ate Shawn's delicious food. Afterwards, we cuddled on our couch.

"I really do love you Y/n." Shawn said before kissing the top of my head as he rubbed my back. I hummed before responding.

"I really do love you too." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"You know, I never got a kiss this morning." Shawn said with a smirk.

"Yeah?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Mm-hmm." He responded.

"Well maybe we should fix that." I said. Shawn nodded and put his lips on mine. I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. We smiled into the kiss and pulled away, breathless from our amazing kiss.

"Gosh I can't stop smiling when I'm with you." Shawn said, a smile still across his gorgeously handsome face. I giggled.

"Neither can I. I'm so in love with you Shawn." I said.

"Good because I'm in love with you." Shawn said. I blushed, and when Shawn noticed this, he laughed. "Can I pinch your butt again?" Shawn asked.

"No!" I said. Shawn groaned.

"But I like your butt." He said. I blushed again.

"I like yours too but I don't go around pinching it all the time." I said.

"Wait, are you mad at me?" Shawn asked, a look of panic etched across his face. I shook my head violently.

"No, I'm just saying. Don't worry baby, I'm not mad at you." I said before placing a gentle kiss to his jaw. He smiled when I did this and then leaned his head down to kiss my nose. I smiled before placing my head back on his chest.

"So what should we do today?" Shawn asked.

"Cuddle and watch tv." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"You don't want to go for a stroll around the block or anything?" Shawn asked.

"A stroll? You never call it a stroll." I asked and said with a laugh.

"Well I figured that I would change things up, ya know?" Shawn asked with a laugh.

"Makes you sound more sophisticated." I said.

"Should I be wearing a tuxedo and drinking champagne?" Shawn asked. I burst out laughing. "What? Isn't that what sophisticated people do?" Shawn asked as I continued to laugh. I soon had to run the bathroom to pee because I was laughing so hard. I came back out after washing my hands. Shawn was sitting up when I stepped out.

"That, my love, was hilarious." I said as I sat down.

"You know, you never answered my question." Shawn said.

"What was it again? Do I want to go for a walk?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Yes. Do you?" He said and asked.

"Yes. As long as I'm with you, I'm happy." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger before pulling them away. Letting his lips linger is Shawn's way of telling me he loves me, and I love that he does that. Shawn and I soon got up off the couch and went upstairs.

"Is it warm out?" I asked. Shawn checked his phone and nodded.

"It's almost in the eighties. You should wear shorts babe." Shawn said. I nodded and grabbed a pair of red shorts and a white tank top. I walked out of the bathroom to find Shawn wearing black basketball shorts, a white t-shirt, but his body was splayed out on the bed.

"Baby?" I asked as I walked over to him. His head was on the pillow and he was out cold. He must have been really tired, I won't wake him up. I got into bed with him and put my head on his chest, but I didn't want to fall asleep. I wanted to admire his features. I looked up at him and put my chin on his chest. He looked so handsome, but then again, he always looks so handsome.

His eyelids covered his caramel eyes that I always get lost in. His jaw looked so defined and sharp. I couldn't help myself. I kissed his jaw, and in his sleep, he smiled. I looked at his pink, plump, luscious lips, and traced my finger along them. His eyes soon fluttered open, and when he saw me, he smiled.

"Hi gorgeous. Did I fall asleep?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yup." I said. He frowned.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's okay. Why don't you keep resting and then we'll go for a walk?" I asked.

"Are you sure Y/n?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"I'm positive." I said with a smile. Shawn kissed my nose.

"Will you lay with me please?" Shawn asked. I kissed his lips gently.

"Yes I will, my love." I said. We rested for a few hours before getting up and going out for a walk up and down the street, holding hands the whole time. His hands make me feel safe and warm, and every single time that we touch, I feel sparks shoot through me.

For the next two weeks Shawn and I spent almost all of our time together. He would drive me to and from school, which I liked, and we cuddled and snuggled a lot. He soon had to leave, causing me to be sad.

"Alright baby girl, I have to go." Shawn said. I nodded, holding back tears. Shawn placed a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Please don't cry my love. I love you." He said. I nodded and wiped the few tears that had fallen away.

"Sorry, I'm just really going to miss you. I love you too." I said.

"It's okay Y/n. I'm going to miss you too. I have to go, bye honey." Shawn said, giving me one last hug. I watched him walk away and as soon as I got in the car I let the tears flow. Shawn will always be my hardest goodbye and easiest hello, but I'm so glad that he was able to come home for a little bit.