27. Shawn Takes Care Of The Kids

Shawn's point of view

Today my wife Y/n Mendes is having an all day spa day with her best friends Grace, Chelsea, Avery and Anna. So, I'm left to take care of the kids. I don't mind it though, I love my kids with every fiber of my being. I don't know what I would do without them, or my wife for that matter. My daughter Rose is four and my son Jake is two.

"Daddy come play with me!" Rose said.

"I'll be right there sweet pea. Let me just change your brother, okay?" I said and asked. She nodded.

"Okay Daddy." She said before running into the living room. I went upstairs and to change Jake's diaper. Y/n and I are going to start potty training him soon, so I'm excited for that.

"Alright Jakey, let's go get you changed." I said. He clapped his hands together, causing me to laugh. I changed his diaper and went back downstairs with him, only to find that Rose had made a mess with her toys. "Rose what did you do honey?" I asked her.

"I played without you." She said innocently.

"I know but you made a mess." I said.

"Sorry Daddy." She said as she looked down. I set Jake down in a chair and carefully walked over to Rose.

"It's okay honey, I'm not mad at you, I just don't want anyone to slip and fall. Okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She said.

"Will you help me clean this up?" I asked. She nodded.

"Sure." She said. We cleaned up the mess and I picked her up when we were done.

"Okay, now I think it's tickle time!" I said as I laid her on the couch and tickled her like crazy. She laughed, which caused Jake and I to laugh.

"Stop Daddy!" She yelled while laughing.

"What's that? Tickle your feet? Okay!" I asked and said. She laughed even harder as I tickled her feet. Here's the problem that I forgot about: She pees when she laughs too hard.

"Oh no." Rose said. I stopped tickling her as I suddenly remembered the problem.

"Did you just pee?" I asked. I looked at the couch underneath her. Yup. She peed herself.

"Sorry Daddy." She said.

"It's okay, let me get you and the couch cleaned up." I said. I cleaned the couch first because I didn't want the couch to stain or anything, and then I brought both the kids up for a bath. "Alright, it's bath time." I said. I helped the kids get undressed and then I tested the water. The kids are young enough that they can still bathe together.

"Daddy this feels soothing." Rose said as I massaged the shampoo into her hair. I stopped.

"Where did you learn that big word Rosie girl?" I asked as I then continued to massage the shampoo in.

"Mommy taught it to me. She said it's kind of like relaxing." She said. I smiled. Y/n is so smart, and she loves to teach the kids new things.

"Well, I'm proud of you for knowing that word. Let me rinse your hair, okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Okay Daddy." She said. Jake then decided that he was sick of sitting there, stood up, somehow climbed out of the bathtub, and ran - more like streaked - down the hall and into his room.

"Hold on Rose, stay here and don't touch anything." I said before running out of the room to catch my son. "JACOB ALEXANDER SCOTT MENDES IT IS BATHTIME." I yelled since I couldn't find him. I then heard giggling coming from under his bed. This damn kid knows all the tricks. I looked under the bed and, sure enough, he was under there. I got him out and brought him back into the bathtub. "Stay still Jake." I said. He listened to me and I finished cleaning off Rose. I then cleaned off Jake, took them out of the tub and dried Rose off first.