76. How You Met

"Come on, it'll be fun." Grace, my best friend, said.

"But there's going to be people there, and I don't like people." I said. She's trying to convince me to go to a Justin Timberlake concert. She had two tickets and no one else to take. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for JT but I don't want to see other people.

"Of course there's going to be people there, it's a concert. Come on, you never know who you're going to meet." She said with a smile. I caved.

"Fine. I'll go." I said. She cheered.

"What if there's cute boys there? Oh, we have to figure out what to wear. Oh look at this, you have to wear this." She said as she pulled out denim shorts and a pink tank top. She put them on the bed, ran back into the closet, and came back out with a floral shawl and black pumps. She handed them to me and I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Fine." I said. I got changed and came back out. Her jaw dropped.

"You look stunning. You're going to break a lot of boys hearts tonight." Grace said. She was wearing almost the same outfit that I was but a different color tank top and no shawl. I just laughed and shook my head. We soon left and arrived at the venue.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" I asked her.

"No, I should be fine." She said as she shook her head.

The concert soon started and Grace and I were dancing along and singing along when we heard a beautiful yet familiar voice next to us. I looked over and there was my favorite singer ever: Shawn Mendes. I suddenly had a surge of confidence wash over me. I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me?" I asked. He looked at me and whoa, those eyes. He smiled.

"Yes?" He asked with a nod.

"I'm a huge fan, I'm sorry, but can I get a picture with you?" I asked. His smile widened as he nodded.

"Yeah, of course. You don't have to apologize." He said.

"Grace!" I called out. She came over and her jaw dropped. "Will you take a picture of us for me please?" I asked. She nodded, her jaw still open. Shawn laughed.

"Um, sure." Grace said, still in a state of shock. I was in shock too if I'm being completely honest. Shawn laughed again and my heart fluttered. Grace took the picture and showed it to us.

"Oh that's great, I would love for you to send that to me." Shawn said.

"Wait what? But then I would have your number." I asked and said. Shawn nodded.

"I wouldn't mind trading numbers with you - if that's okay." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"I would like that." I said, and gave him my number. I pulled my phone out and saw that I had a text.

Unknown number: Hey beautiful. It's Shawn. I never got your name.

Y/n: Hey handsome. My name's Y/n Y/l/n.

Shawn smiled as he stood next to me. I put him in as a contact and saved it. Suddenly he took my hand and we were dancing. Sparks shot through me as we touched, but I felt safe and warm at the same time. I don't know what this feeling is, but I like it. I like it a lot. We giggled at each other's terrible dance moves. At the end of the song he pulled me in for a hug.

"I hope that you don't mind me hugging you." He said in my ear. His hot breath sent shivers down my spine.

"Not at all. But what if someone takes a picture or videotapes all of this?" I said and asked. He pulled away slowly but held onto my shoulders.

"So what? I like dancing with and hugging pretty, beautiful, gorgeous girls." He said. I blushed and looked down. "Why are you looking down? Are you blushing?" He asked with a chuckle. I looked up and nodded.

"You made me blush and I didn't want you to see it." I said with a laugh.

"I bet that you're even cuter when you blush." Shawn said.

"Stop that! You're going to make me blush again!" I said. Shawn threw his head back with laughter. Shawn and I danced the night away and laughed and talked. After the concert, Shawn, Grace, and I headed out.

"So, what's going on between you two." Grace said.

"We traded numbers, and if she would like, I would love to take her out on a date sometime." Shawn said. I stopped in my tracks.

"You want to go on a date with me?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." Shawn said, looking nervous.

"Shawn, I would love to go out on a date with you." I said. He smiled at me. That night Shawn and I texted until the wee hours of the morning. I felt so tired the next day but it was worth it - he was worth it. I'm so glad that I met Shawn and I can't wait for our date.

A/n: Should I do a part two and have it as their date night?