33. Lovey Dovey

My boyfriend of four years, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes and I, are very lovey dovey with each other. We're very affectionate and we love each other very much. I honestly have no clue as to what I would do without Shawn. He's my best friend, lover, confidant, and so many other things. We're so infatuated and enamored with each other.

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Shawn to come home from a meeting. I was being impatient. I wanted him to be home now. Not in a little bit. Now. I want to run my fingers through his luscious locks. I want to kiss his cheeks. I want to kiss his lips until I couldn't possibly kiss them anymore. Soon the door swung open and Shawn walked in. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey love. How was your day?" Shawn asked. I stood up and jumped into his arms. Luckily he caught me and his hands went under my bum. "Someone's happy to see me." Shawn said with a smirk.

"I missed you." I said.

"Baby I was gone for two hours." Shawn said with a chuckle.

"Two hours too long." I said. Shawn laughed.

"Want me to set you down?" Shawn asked. I shook my head no.

"No, I think that we should stay like this forever." I said with a smile.

"Forever, eh?" Shawn asked, his Candianness coming out. I nodded and giggled.

"Yeah." I said.

"Forever has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" Shawn asked. I nodded again.

"It does. We'll be together forever, right Shawn?" I asked. He nodded as he set me down so my feet were touching the floor.

"We'll be together always and forever. I love you to pluto and back a million times. Hell, I love you to infinity and back." Shawn said with a smile. His hands were on my waist and my arms were loosely around his neck and shoulders. I laughed.

"I don't think that you can come back from infinity Shawn." I said.

"Well, I don't care. I love you to infinity and back. You're the love of my life. I don't know what I would do without you, my love." Shawn said, suddenly becoming serious. I nodded and put my hand to his cheek so I could rub it with my thumb.

"I don't know what I would do without you either, but we're never going to find out, okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded and placed three gentle kisses on my forehead. I smiled as he then kissed my nose, and then put his lips on mine. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, I felt my heart race like crazy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. The kiss was gentle and sweet, yet it was passionate all at the same time. Shawn and I pulled our lips away from each other to catch our breaths. Once we caught our breaths, we started kissing again.

"You drive me crazy, my love." Shawn said once we pulled away. "You're so divine." Shawn said.

"You drive me crazy too. I'm crazy in love with you. You're the divine one here Shawny. Have you seen yourself? Your body is a work of art, and your face? Oh God your face. I just always want to be kissing it. Your cheeks, your forehead, every part of you drives me insane. You're like a freaking drug. I'm hooked on you." I said. Shawn laughed and smiled. He then rested his head on my shoulder. "Come on, let's sit down." I said. We sat down on the couch and I let Shawn put his head on my lap.

"Darling?" Shawn asked. I looked down at him.

"Yes honey?" I asked with a smile as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I could sit on the couch with you every single day for the rest of my life and I would be the happiest man on the planet. I hate it when you leave for work and I'm home alone. I always miss you so much. Quit your job. Stay home with me." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"I could never do that to you Shawn. I have to pay for stuff too, and I need to make money in order to do that." I said. Shawn looked sad, so I leaned down and placed a few gentle kisses on his forehead.

"Sorry I just asked you to quit your job." Shawn said.

"It's okay baby boy." I said.

"No, it's not." Shawn said.

"Shawn stop it, I would tell you if it wasn't okay." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay." He said. We soon went to bed. The next day was another weekday, and I found out some exciting news that I couldn't wait to tell Shawn. I texted him and told him that I needed to tell him something good. I knew that if I just texted him saying that I needed to tell him something, he would get worried. I soon went home. Shawn was waiting for me in the doorway.

"I GOT A PROMOTION!" I yelled.

"YESSSS." Shawn yelled. He lifted me up and spun me around.

"Okay, getting dizzy." I said with a giggle. Shawn set me down.

"Sorry." He said, his hands on my waist, my hands on his biceps.

"It's okay. Are you happy about this?" I asked my oh so loving boyfriend. Shawn smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm more than happy, I'm ecstatic. Congratulations my beautiful, strong, powerful girl. I love you more than life itself." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I love you too Shawn. I'm really happy." I said.

"You should be. I'm so proud of you my love. This calls for a celebration. Come on, let's pop some champagne." Shawn said with a smile. I reciprocated the smile and took his hand as he led me into the kitchen. I felt sparks shoot through me as our hands touched, but I felt safe and warm at the same time. Shawn always makes me feel safe. He's my protector. He popped the champagne and looked at me. "I'll make dinner, you relax miss I-got-a-promotion-because-I'm-amazing." Shawn said, causing me to laugh.

"Okay, I will. I'll watch tv while you do that." I said.

"Chicken alfredo sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded and walked over to him. I kissed his cheek and ran my fingers through his hairs.

"Chicken alfredo sounds perfect. Thank you for this honey." I said. Shawn nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Anything for you love. I'm so proud of you." Shawn said with a smile. I smiled back at him. We had a lovely dinner. Shawn even brought out candles and lit them as he put them on the table. He would reach out for my hand to kiss it every once in a while during our dinner. The spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left it.

"I love you Shawn." I said after dinner when we were cuddled up to each other on the couch.

"I love you too Y/n. I am so, so, so proud of you. You're so amazing." Shawn said, causing me too blush.

"You know, you're pretty amazing too." I said. Shawn blushed, causing me to laugh. Shawn suddenly turned serious as he looked at me, his hand on my cheek.

"You're so beautiful." Shawn said. I blushed and smiled again.

"Thank you honey. You're so handsome." I said. Shawn kissed me. I felt the same oh so familiar feelings again. The butterflies, the heart racing, the sparks, all of it. Shawn pulled away after a little bit.

"Come on, let's go to bed." Shawn said as he scooped me up into his arms. I squealed as he did that.

"Okay. This is fun." I said, causing Shawn to laugh. His laugh makes my heart flutter. We soon got to the bed and he laid me down on my side of the bed.

"Goodnight Y/n. I love you with everything in me and I'm so proud of you." Shawn said.

"Goodnight. I love you too, with every fiber of my being. You're so amazing." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead as we cuddled up to each other, and with that, we fell asleep. I'm glad that Shawn and I are so lovey dovey and affectionate with each other.