10. You Meet His Friends

I've been dating the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, for three amazing months. Our relationship is great. He recently met some of my friends, and he did a great job, even though he was really nervous to meet them. I was heading over to Shawn's house today so we could spend some time together. I walked inside to see that he was waiting for me on the couch.

"Hi darling." Shawn said.

"Hi honey. How was your day?" I asked. He sighed.

"It was okay but then you walked in and wow." Shawn said. I laughed as I sat down and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Well, even if it's just okay, that's okay, that's good. Do you want to tell me about it?" I asked. Shawn nodded and told me about his day. Once he was done, he patted my leg.

"Enough about my day, how was your day my love?" Shawn asked. Him calling me his love made me blush. He laughed when he noticed me blushing. I told him all about my day and he rubbed my back as I spoke. I finished the story of my day and smiled at him.

"You know, I never got a kiss." I pointed out. Shawn chuckled.

"Well we should fix that, yeah?" Shawn asked. I nodded. Our lips met and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body. We pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"That was amazing baby boy." I said.

"Good because it was amazing for me too. Listen, I want to talk to you about something." Shawn said.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just, I'm thinking of introducing you to my friends. What do you think?" Shawn said and asked.

"Um, well, it makes me kind of nervous. I mean, I know that I have to meet them eventually, but it makes me nervous." I said. Shawn brushed a stray hair out of my face.

"I know, but if I can make it through meeting your friends, then you can make it through meeting mine. I know you can do it honey. It would just be the band, Teddy, Brian, Camila, and Andrew. How does that sound?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Okay. And you'll stick with me the whole time, right?" I asked.

"Of course. I won't leave your side." Shawn said.

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise." Shawn said. The following week, I was at Shawn's house. Today is the day that I meet his friends. I'm so nervous that my hands are shaking, but I didn't tell Shawn this. Shawn came down the stairs after getting changed into a white t-shirt and basketball shorts. I was wearing a shirt that said "Because Coffee" and black shorts.

"How do I look?" I asked Shawn nervously.

"Baby, you look beautiful, per usual." Shawn said, causing me to blush. Shawn chuckled when he noticed me blushing.

"I'm so nervous." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead.

"You'll be fine, my love. You can do it." Shawn said. I nodded. Soon, everyone arrived. The band got to Shawn's house first. I waved to them.

"You must be Y/n." Zubin said with a smile. I nodded and shook his hand.

"Baby this is Zubin, Dave, Eddy, and Mike." Shawn said. I smiled and shook all of their hands.

"Don't be nervous, Shawn has a great bunch of friends." Mike said. I'm liking this guy already. I nodded.

"It's just a lot of people." I said. Mike nodded and Shawn smiled at the fact that we were getting along. Shawn got the boys beers and I sat down on the couch. Soon, Andrew and Teddy arrived with Brian. Shawn introduced them to me and I shook their hands. More beer came out. The last person to show up was Camila. Honestly, I'm a little jealous of Shawn's relationship with Camila, but Shawn doesn't know this.

"Shawn!" She yelled when she saw him. "I have to talk to you about something." She said before we could even be introduced. She pulled him into the other room, taking him away from my side.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Zubin asked. I smiled nervously and nodded.

"Are you sure?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, it's just, Shawn said he wouldn't leave my side." I said. They nodded.

"Well, he'll be right back. You can hang with us in the meantime, okay?" Mike asked. I nodded. Soon, five minutes had passed, and I was feeling very nervous.

"Should I go check on them?" I asked Zubin. He thought for a moment.

"Sure." He said. I got up and walked to the other room. Camila and Shawn were hugging. I stood there for a moment before clearing my throat. They jumped away from each other.

"Hi. I'm Y/n, Shawn's girlfriend." I said to Camila, sticking out my hand. Instead of shaking my hand, she hugged me.

"Hi! Oh my gosh, Shawn talks about you all of the time." She said. I blushed. Wait, how often did they talk?

"Babe can I talk to you in the dining room?" Shawn asked. I nodded and as we walked into the dining room, Camila walked into the living room.

"Everything okay with Camila?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah she just needed to talk to me about something." Shawn said.

"What was up with the long hug?" I asked. Shawn hung his head.

"We're just friends. I was trying to comfort her." Shawn said. I nodded. "How are you liking my friends?" Shawn asked.

"I really like your band. The others I haven't really gotten to talk to. Will you come with me so I can talk to them more?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded before kissing my cheek. I smiled.

"Of course honey. Listen, don't tell anyone, but Camila's going through some stuff with some guy, so that's why she wanted to talk." Shawn said. That calmed my fears.

"Okay." I said. Shawn gently grabbed my hand and I felt electrified. His touch shot sparks through me. People wandered around the house because the living room could only fit so many people.

"Alright, Brian, Andrew, Teddy, have you gotten a chance to talk to my lovely girlfriend Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"No, but we did meet her." Brian said.

"Do you guys have matching tattoos? Yours looks just like Shawn's." I said to Brian. He nodded.

"We both got a yoga stick figure." He said.

"That's so cool." I said. I could see Shawn smiling.

"Do you want any tattoos Y/n?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah I want a couple, but I'm just trying to save up the money for them." I said. Andrew and Brian nodded. Shawn then brought me back over to Camila and the band.

"So Y/n, I hear that you're in college." Camila said.

"Yeah, I'm studying psychology." I said.

"That's so cool. Is college hard?" She asked. I thought for a moment.

"It kind of depends on the professor and how he or she teaches and how much work he or she gives. I've been lucky in the sense that my professors have been great. I had one professor that let us take the tests online and we could use google. I aced that class." I said with pride. The band and Camila thought that was pretty cool. The rest of the night went smoothly and soon everyone left. Shawn and I plopped down on the couch.

"So, how do you feel?" Shawn asked me.

"Good. Am I spending the night?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"If you want to, yes." Shawn said.

"Yeah, I want alone time with you." I said. Shawn smiled and pulled me onto his lap.

"Well, I'm all yours right now, what do you want to do?" Shawn asked.

"Cuddle and watch tv." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay baby girl. Let's watch Supernatural." Shawn said. I smiled as he put on my favorite tv show. We had a fun cuddle session and soon went to bed. Today was a good day.