103. Adoption

A/n: I just want to say thank you to @WwyitmQueen for giving me the idea for this imagine. Also, I'm sorry if I got parts wrong, but I don't know a lot about adoption. Also, imagine that Rose, Jake, and Sarah don't exist in this one. Okay, let's begin!

My husband of two years, Shawn Mendes and I, have been trying to get pregnant for the past year with no luck. I took a pregnancy test and was impatiently waiting for the timer to beep when it finally did. I checked the pregnancy test. It was negative. I started to cry, and soon my body was shaking with sobs. I didn't even hear Shawn come into the house or come up the stairs.

"Baby? What's wrong?" I heard him ask. I ran into his arms. He whispered sweet nothings in my ear, but nothing could calm me down. After a few minutes of Shawn and I sitting on the bed and him rubbing my back. He would kiss my temple and lean his forehead against the side of my head. Finally, I calmed down.

"I'm so sorry Shawn." I said.

"Why are you sorry Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"Because I took another pregnancy test and it came back negative. What if I can't give you a baby?" I said and asked. Shawn didn't hesitate to answer.

"Okay. Well, there's always adoption." Shawn said. I thought for a moment.

"Okay. Should we go to the doctor's to see if there's something wrong with my eggs or something?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Sure. It could be my sperm too." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Will you be mad at me if there's something wrong with my eggs and I can't give you a baby?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes. Shawn shook his head violently and wiped away the few tears that had fallen.

"No. It's not like it would be your fault. Baby, we've been trying for a while now. Let's go to the doctor's and see what they have to say." Shawn said. I nodded.

Within a few days we had an appointment set up. They did tests and said that they would have us come back in when the results were in. A few days later we got a call to come back in.

"Hi Dr. Collins. Did the tests come back okay?" Shawn asked as he held my hand while we sat in Dr. Collins's office. Dr. Collins sighed and then explained something to us about Shawn's sperm and my eggs.

"So what does that mean?" I asked as my heart raced. I squeezed Shawn's hand, and he squeezed back.

"It means that it would be nearly impossible for you two to have a baby. I'm so sorry. However, there's always adoption." Dr. Collins said. I held in tears and nodded. Shawn and I thanked the doctor, left and got in the car. As soon as we got into the car, I bursted into tears.

"I know honey, I know. Let's just go home and then we'll talk more, okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded, unable to speak. We soon walked in the door and Shawn immediately turned to me and held me as I wept.

"I'm so sorry Shawn. I can't even give you a baby." I said. Shawn held my face with his hands.

"Honey, it isn't just your eggs, it's my sperm too. It's okay, I'm not mad. Are you okay with adoption?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I just feel bad." I said while slowly calming down. Shawn pulled me in for another hug.

"It's okay honey." Shawn said. I pulled away from the hug and looked into his comforting caramel eyes. As I looked into his eyes, I knew that everything was going to be okay.

"You know I love you, right?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Yes, and I love you too, but more." Shawn said. I giggled and shook my head.

"No. I love you more than anything. Come on, I'm tired, let's nap." I said. Shawn nodded and held my hand as we went upstairs to lay in bed. We slept for a few hours. I woke up before Shawn, and decided to make him some dinner. I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I was in the middle of making Shawn and I some spaghetti when I heard footsteps padding down the floor. I turned and saw Shawn.

"Hello my love. What are you making?" Shawn asked.

"Spaghetti. Sauce or no sauce?" I said and asked. Shawn thought for a moment.

"No sauce, just butter." He said. I nodded. We soon sat down for dinner. Thoughts ran through my head as I picked at my food. Shawn soon caught on to what I was doing and gave me a confused look. "What's up my love?" He asked.

"Just thinking about adoption." I said. Shawn put his fork down and used his napkin to wipe his mouth.

"What about it?" He asked.

"Well, should we adopt a baby or a toddler?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before smiling.

"I would love to have a little baby. Maybe if we adopt a baby we can name her." Shawn said.

"Her?" I asked. Shawn looked at me and his eyes widened as he realized what he had just said.

"Or him. I just, I don't know, I would really love to have a girl, you know? But if we have a boy, that's fine too. I'll love them either way. Would you rather a boy or girl?" Shawn asked me. I thought for a moment before shrugging.

"A girl would be cute, but you know what? Whichever child calls to us, then they call to us." I said. Shawn nodded and we resumed our eating.

We soon went to an adoption agency. They told us that we had to fill out some paperwork and we had to do a home study. We did everything and soon we were approved to adopt a child. The journey was very, very stressful, but Shawn and I did it, which is something that we're both proud of.

Shawn and I decided to adopt a baby. (A/n: I'm not sure if this next part is true or not but please go along with it or correct me) Due to the fact that we wanted to adopt a baby, that meant that we had to choose a family to give birth to the baby. We soon chose a family, and within six months, our baby was born. Shawn and I cried when we held our little one, our little girl, for the first time.

"Hi there, I'm your Daddy. Well, not by birth but we'll tell you that when you're older. Either way, I love you very much. Okay, Mommy and I have to pick out your name." Shawn said as he turned to me. I had been mulling names over in my head.

"What about Amelia Maggie?" I asked, hoping he would like it. Shawn thought for a moment before smiling and nodding.

"I like it. Amelia Maggie Mendes." Shawn said. He then looked at our daughter. "Did you hear that? You've been named. Welcome to the family Amelia Maggie Mendes. We love you." 

A/n: I didn't know how to end it so I thought that it would be cute to end it like that.