12. Honeymoon

Yesterday I married the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. Him and I are beyond in love and we are so excited to go to Maui for our honeymoon. We are currently waiting for our plane at the airport. I turned to Shawn and ran my fingers through his hair. He hummed in contentment.

"So, you still haven't told me what we're going to do once we reach Maui. Are you ever going to tell me?" I asked Shawn with a giggle. He laughed.

"Well Mrs. Mendes, I can't, because I want to surprise you. So, stop asking. It's all going to be a surprise." Shawn said. I groaned.

"Ugh, I don't like surprises." I said.

"You liked it when I surprised you by proposing to you." Shawn pointed out.

"You know what Shawn? You're absolutely right." I said with a laugh, and Shawn laughed too. We soon boarded our plane and headed off to Maui. Once we got to our hotel, Shawn and I plopped down on the bed.

"That was a long flight." Shawn said.

"Yup. So what do we do now?" I asked. Shawn and I sat up and turned to each other.

"Well, tonight we have dinner, and then we can do stuff afterwards." Shawn said.

"What type of stuff would we do?" I asked. Shawn smirked and cocked his head to the side. "Oh my God you mean sex." I said. Shawn laughed and nodded.

"Come on, let's rest a little and then get ready for dinner." Shawn said as he got into the bed. I did the same thing and we cuddled up to each other.

"I love you Mr. Mendes." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said. We woke up a little later. I put on a small red dress and red heels. I put my makeup on and walked out to Shawn, who was wearing a red button down shirt and black dress pants.

"Shawn? Do I look okay?" I asked. Shawn turned around and when he saw me, his jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"Damn did I hit the lottery or what? God you're gorgeous." Shawn said as he walked over to me, causing me to blush and giggle.

"You look so handsome, my love." I said, which caused Shawn to blush. I laughed and smiled.

"Come on, let's go to dinner." Shawn said as he took my hand. Electricity shot through me and yet at the same time I felt safe and warm. Shawn took me to a fancy restaurant and we had a very romantic dinner. We went back to our hotel room and made love before going to bed.

I woke up without Shawn's arms around me. I looked out at our deck, and sure enough, there was my shirtless, but wearing basketball shorts, husband, just looking out at the ocean. I got up, put on some shorts and a tank top and went out to our deck. Shawn turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey handsome. What are you doing out here?" I asked. Shawn pulled me into his lap.

"Hey gorgeous. Just admiring the view, although right now I have a much better one." Shawn said. I gently swatted at his chest.

"Stop! You're making me blush!" I said. Shawn threw his head back with laughter as he held me close to him.

"Well, that was my goal. Last night was amazing, my love. Are you sore or anything?" Shawn asked. I shook my head no.

"Nope. I'm fine, but you're right, it was amazing. What are we doing today?" I asked.

"Well, our first stop is Waiehu Beach. We'll be there for most of the day, and then another fancy dinner, or would you rather stay in for dinner and order room service?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.