84. Meeting John Mayer

A/n: Okay so let's pretend it's winter break and students are out. Okay, let's begin!

"Baby I have to tell you something." My boyfriend of six months, Shawn Mendes, said to me while I was visiting him at his place in Toronto. My heart started to race.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mayer is coming over in a little bit." He said.

"WHAT?" I yelled. He shushed me.

"Baby, calm down. It's fine." He said.

"How long until he comes over?" I asked.

"He'll probably be here in about, I don't know, ten minutes." He said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Shawn, this will be my first time meeting him, and I don't even have time to make myself look presentable. I'm in sweatpants and a hoodie." I said.

"I know, and you look gorgeous." He said, causing me to blush.

"I'm going to go change." I said as I stood up and headed to Shawn's room, where my stuff was.

"Baby you look fine." Shawn said.

"Nope." I said, and shut the door so I could change. I put on jeans and a blue long sleeve that Shawn bought me. I did my hair and put some makeup on. I walked back out and John was already there. Shawn's eyes widened when he saw me.

"Mayer, doesn't she look gorgeous?" Shawn asked his friend. John nodded.

"She does." John said.

"Thank you." I said with a blush.

"Is that the shirt that I bought you?" Shawn asked as they sat down. I nodded.

"Yeah. It's cozy and comfy." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"Good." Shawn said.

"Do you guys want anything to eat or drink?" I asked.

"Do you have a beer?" John asked. I nodded and got him a beer.

"Water please." Shawn said. I nodded and got him a water.

"Here you guys go. I'll just be in your room Shawn." I said, wanting to leave them alone so they could talk about music or whatever the heck they talk about.

"Wait, baby, I want Mayer to get to know you better." Shawn said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"Yes. Come sit on my lap." He requested. I shook my head and sat next to him but put my feet on his lap. "What are you doing baby?" He asked.

"I feel awkward showing too much affection in front of other people." I said, feeling embarrassed.

"It's okay. I'm fine with it. I can dig it." John said, causing Shawn and I to laugh. I sat up and put my bum on Shawn's lap.

"There we go. Damn, your butt is bony." Shawn said. I turned around so I could lightly swat at his chest.

"Stop that! Don't talk about my butt in front of others." I said with a blush and a giggle. Shawn laughed and so did John.

"So Y/n, Shawn here says you're from America." John said. I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm a college student but I'm on winter break right now." I said. John nodded.

"What school do you go to?" John asked. I told him. "Cool. Do you like it there?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. It's nice and small so it's easy to get around. I like small schools." I said.

"Yeah. Do you know how to play guitar or piano?" John asked. I shook my head. I was starting to feel more relaxed.