148. Another Nightmare

My husband of three months, Shawn Mendes, walked into our shared home. I got up and gave him a hug. He weakly hugged back. Something was wrong.

"Hey Mr. Mendes. How was your day?" I asked.

"Can we sit down Y/n?" Shawn asked. He seemed nervous, causing me to be nervous too. I nodded.

"Sure. Is everything okay?" I asked as we sat down. He sighed and shook his head.

"I have to tell you something and you're not going to like it." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I've, um, I've been talking to another woman." Shawn said. My eyes widened and my heart broke.

"What? Who?" I asked.

"Her name is Sophie. I know that we just got married three months ago, but I don't love you anymore. I love Sophie. I'm sorry Y/n, but we're over." Shawn said. I started to sob.

"But you said that we would be together forever." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I know. But the heart wants what the heart wants." Shawn said, and with that, he got up and left, leaving me behind with a shattered heart. I broke down sobbing and it seemed like I couldn't stop.

I sat up in bed, tears streaming down my face and my breathing hard from that terrible nightmare. I had just married the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, three months ago, and my biggest fear has always been that he's going to stop loving me and leave me. I looked over at the right side of the bed, but Shawn's side of the bed was empty. Oh no. He actually left me, didn't he? I checked the time, it was two in the morning.

I got up out of bed and walked down the hall. The door to Shawn's office was opened just a crack and the light was on. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Shawn said. I opened up the door, and when Shawn saw what type of state I was in, he looked panicked. "What's wrong darling?"

"You're not leaving me, are you?" I asked him. He stood up and pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back with one hand while the other hand was on the back of my head.

"No, of course not. Why do you ask that Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"Can you just hold me for right now please?" I asked as my head rested on Shawn's chest.

"Of course. I'll hold you for as long as you need me to." Shawn said. I nodded. Even though the nightmare was over and I knew that Shawn wasn't leaving me, I still let the tears out. Shawn swayed me from side to side as he rubbed my back. Finally, after a few minutes, I calmed down and stopped crying.

"Can we sit down?" I asked. Shawn nodded. He sat in the chair that was at his desk but wheeled it over so it was in front of the extra chair in his office, which is where I sat down.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" Shawn asked as he reached out for my hands. I put my hands in his and instantly felt sparks shoot through my body, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time, which was exactly what I needed at that moment.

"I had a really bad nightmare." I said, not looking Shawn in the eyes. Shawn squeezed my hands gently, encouraging me to look him in the eyes. I finally did.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" Shawn asked. I started crying again. Shawn rubbed the top of my hands with his thumbs, trying to comfort me.

"You came home and told me that you didn't love me anymore. You said that you had met a woman named Sophie and that you loved her and that you and I were over." I said while sobbing. Shawn pulled me to stand up as he stood up and he pulled me in for a hug.