107. Sarah Grace pt. 2

A/n: Um, who else would want to see Shawn freaking Mendes with a mustache and/or beard??? I feel as though a beard and/or mustache on him would be glorious. Also, this is one week after my last imagine. Okay, let's begin!

Shawn's point of view

Just last week my daughter Sarah Grace turned five. Today I decided that I would spend some one on one time with her. I spend a lot of time with mine and Y/n's other daughter Rose, and I spend a lot of time with our son Jake, but I don't spend a lot of time with Sarah Grace. It's a good thing that Y/n does though. I just hope that my little Sarah Grace knows how much I love her.

"Hi Daddy." Sarah said as I walked into her room.

"Hi sweet pea. Do you want to spend some time together today, just the two of us?" I said and asked. She nodded her head as she jumped up and down on her bed. I laughed.

"Yeah! Daddy?" She asked as she suddenly stopped jumping.

"Yes honey?" I asked.

"How come you always spend time with Jake and Rose but not with me?" She asked. Wow. A pang of guilt shot through me. This girl is smart.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I don't know why I spend so much time with them and not with you. You know that I love you, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. You say it to me a lot Daddy." She said with a giggle. I nodded.

"I do, and I mean it too." I said.

"That rhymed." She said. I laughed and nodded as I put her on my lap.

"It did. Do you think that I should write a song and put it in there?" I asked teasingly.

"Yeah!" She said. I was surprised.

"Maybe you should help me write this song." I said. She shook her head.

"Noooo. I probably wouldn't do a good job Daddy. Not as good as you." She said.

"Honey, don't try to be like me. Be your own person. You're only five years old and you're already so smart and so amazing. You love it when I sing to you and you love it when Mommy and I read to you. I want you to be your own person as you get older. Okay?" I said and asked. She nodded and rested her head on me.

"Okay Daddy. But I like you a lot." She said. I chuckled.

"Well that's good, because I like you a lot too. In fact, I love you with everything in me." I said.

"I love you too Daddy." She said.

"So what do you want to do with me today?" I asked, but she had fallen asleep on me. I sat in the rocking chair, singing some of my own songs while slowly rocking back and forth.

"Shawn?" Y/n asked quietly. She must have seen Sarah Grace sleeping. I looked up at her smiled. She looked absolutely ravishing in my youth hoodie and her own sweatpants. She walked into the room and smiled at our daughter as she slept peacefully on me.

"Yes my love?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"I thought that you were going to go out and spend time with her." Y/n whispered.

"I had asked her what she wanted to do with me today but she had fallen asleep, so now I'm just singing to her." I whispered back. Y/n nodded, kissed my forehead, and walked out of Sarah Grace's bedroom.

When Y/n was pregnant with Sarah Grace, and we found out that we were going to have a girl, Y/n wanted to help paint the room but I wouldn't let her. Why? Because I wanted to do it and because the paint fumes probably wouldn't be good for the baby. Y/n and I went to IKEA and shopped around. We got a new crib, a new rocking chair, everything, because Rose's stuff was getting old and we didn't want that for the new baby.