13. Bath

Today I have had a very stressful day at work, and all I want is to go home and cuddle up on the couch or in bed with my husband, singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. We've been married for six wonderful months and married life has been great.

I drove home from work, trying not to cry from my hard day. I had already texted Shawn saying that I was on my way home and he said okay, he would see me when I got home. As I drove, I looked at my wedding ring, smiled and felt like everything was going to be okay, because I have Shawn. He always takes good care of me and I love him so much for that. I pulled into the driveway and noticed that the light upstairs in our bedroom was on. That's weird. I walked inside and saw Shawn sitting on the couch in the living room. He saw me and smiled.

"Hey darling. How was your day?" Shawn asked. That was it. I bursted into tears and Shawn rushed over to me. "Hard day?" Shawn asked as he held me. I nodded.

"I just want to cuddle and spend time with you." I said as I calmed down.

"Well, I could tell by the tone of your text that something was up, so I drew you a bath." Shawn said. I looked at him with nothing but love and adoration.

"Thank you so much Shawn. I love you so much." I said.

"You're welcome baby girl. I love you too. Come on, let's go upstairs so you can take that bath." Shawn said. When we got upstairs I put my hair up in a bun, I didn't want to get it wet. Shawn helped me get undressed because I was so tired and worn out. He then gently grabbed my hand and walked me over to the bathtub. There were candles lit around the tub and bathroom. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"Thank you for this Shawn. I needed it." I said. Shawn wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. He kissed my forehead with his warm lips and my forehead was left feeling tingly where he had kissed it.

"You're welcome, my love." Shawn said. He waited as I got into the bath and relaxed. "I'll be in the living room if you need anything, okay?" Shawn asked.

"No! Stay with me. Please?" I asked Shawn. He smiled at me.

"Of course. Do you want me to come in the bathtub with you?" Shawn asked.

"Yes please." I said.

"Okay, just give me one second." Shawn said as he ran out of the room. He came back with a bottle of wine and two glasses for us. He poured us some of the wine and handed me a glass before pouring some for himself and setting it down so he could strip. I admired his body as he stripped. "Darling you're staring." Shawn said with a chuckle, and I blushed.

"I can't help it! You're so good looking." I said. Shawn blushed and I giggled when I noticed him blushing. Shawn soon got into the bathtub on the opposite side of me. I didn't like this. I needed to be closer to him. I scooted over so I was sitting on his lap.

"How are you feeling now my love?" Shawn asked. I took a sip of my wine before answering.

"Better. I love you Shawn." I said.

"Good. I love you too." Shawn said with so much love in his eyes. He smiled at me. I leaned forward and rubbed my nose on his chin, causing him to smile. He knows that me rubbing my nose on him is my way of saying "I love you" and he loves it. He turned his head and kissed my nose, causing me to scrunch it up. He laughed. I kissed his jaw.

"Thank you for being my best friend Shawn." I said. Shawn rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"You're welcome. Thank you for being my best friend as well." Shawn said. I smiled at him and put my lips on his. I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just ran a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. His kisses drive me insane. It's like, we could be in a crowd, and once we kiss, we're the only people there.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes honey?" Shawn asked.

"You're the love of my life." I said. Shawn and I were cheesy romantics.

"Good because you're the love of my life too. Honey, I want to grow old with you." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I want the same thing. You know what I don't like?" I asked, suddenly frowning.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"When we fight." I said, looking down.

"Baby, we don't fight often, and even when we do, we always make up. Let's not think about it, okay baby?" Shawn asked as he gently lifted my head up. I nodded and kissed him again. We stayed in the bath for a while before getting out and helping each other dry off.

"Thank you for that Shawn." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"You're welcome honey. I could tell by your text that you had had a hard day." Shawn said.

"You know me so well." I said. Shawn laughed.

"As your husband, I'm supposed to." Shawn said, still laughing. I went over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. By now we were dried off and dressed for bed. I was wearing a tank top and shorts and he was wearing just basketball shorts.

"I would like to think that I know you very well." I said. Shawn nodded.

"You do. You know me better than any other person in this world Y/n." Shawn said. I smiled at him and rubbed my nose on him again. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"Come on, let's go to bed. Tomorrow is Saturday and we can spend the whole day together. That sound good baby boy?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"That sounds perfect." Shawn said. With that, we got into bed, said I love you to each other, and fell asleep holding each other. I love Shawn so much and I'm beyond grateful for him.