142. New Tattoo

Shawn's point of view

It's no secret that I have tattoos. Most of my tattoos are on my right arm, but I'm starting to run out of room. I want my wife's initials to be tattooed on my ring finger, right underneath where my wedding ring is. I also have two kids, and even though Y/n and I want more, I want Jake and Rose's birthdays tattooed on me.

I went to my friend of many years, Livia Tsang. She's done most of my tattoo work.

"Hey Shawn, what are we doing today?" She asked.

"Well I want Y/n's initials on my ring finger, like, right underneath where my wedding band is. And I want Jake and Rose's birthdays on my forearm on my left arm." I said. Livia nodded.

"Okay. Should we start with Jake and Rose's birthdays?" Livia asked. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. Also, I was thinking that we could do an arrow or something, in between the dates. Does that sound okay?" I asked.

"Yup. So how does Y/n feel about these new tats?" Livia asked. Uh oh.

"Um, well..." I said.

"Oh my gosh Shawn, she doesn't know?" Livia asked before we got started. I shook my head.

"Well, they're going to be a surprise. She thinks I'm out with the guys right now." I said. Livia hesitantly nodded and then she got started. After a few hours, Livia was finished with both tattoos. I thanked her, paid, and left. I soon arrived at my home.

"Hi Mr. Mendes." Y/n said to me when she saw me walk into the kitchen.

"Hi Mrs. Mendes. Were the kids good for you?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.

"Yup. How are the boys?" She asked. Uh oh.

"Yeah, about that..." I said.

"What?" Y/n asked.

"Let's go sit on the couch." I said as I took her hand and gently led her to the couch. We sat down.

"Were you not actually out with the boys?" Y/n asked.

"No. I wasn't. I was, um, getting two new tattoos." I said nervously. Y/n's eyes widened.

"Oh. What are they?" She asked. I rolled up my sleeve and showed her the tattoos of Jake and Rose's birth dates. She smiled.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"Like it? I love it! What's the other tattoo?" She asked.

"Okay, just, don't get mad at me, okay?" I asked. She nodded hesitantly.

"Okay..." She said.

"I have to take my wedding ring off to show it to you." I said. She nodded. I took my wedding ring off and showed my wife her own initials which would now be on my skin forever. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my God." She said.

"Is that a good oh my God or a bad oh my God?" I asked.

"Shawn, God forbid something were to happen to our relationship, that's going to be on you forever." Y/n said.

"Yes, because we're going to be together forever." I said. Y/n sometimes has fears that I'm going to stop loving her and leave her, but that's never going to happen. Y/n nodded. "Do you not like it?"

"No I do like it! It's just... so permanent." She said.

"Just like our relationship." I said as I put my wedding ring back on and pulled my lovely, amazing wife into my lap. She smiled at me.

"So you really love me that much that you got me inked onto your skin?" Y/n asked as she ran her fingers through my hair. I nodded.

"Yup. Mrs. Mendes, I love you to Pluto and back. I have an infinite amount of love for you. I love you and our beautiful kids more than anything, which is why I got you guys tatted on my skin." I said with a smile. Y/n smiled and leaned her forehead against mine.

"Shawn?" Y/n asked.

"Yes my love?" I asked as I pulled my forehead away.

"Do you think that, eventually, there will be a third date on your arm underneath Rose and Jake's birth dates?" Y/n asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Definitely." I said with a smile, which Y/n gladly returned. I then puckered up my lips, causing Y/n to laugh. She grazed her lips on mine, teasing me. I moved forward a little, trying to get to her lips, but she only moved back a little and then continued to graze her lips against mine. "No teasing." I whined, causing my wife to laugh.

"Fine." She said before putting her lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. We soon pulled away when we heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Daddy!" Rose, my five years old daughter, yelled.

"Hi sweet pea. Were you good for your Mumma?" I asked as Y/n got off my lap so I could pick Rose up and put her on my lap. Rose nodded.

"Yup." She said. I smiled.

"Good girl. Do you want to see Daddy's new tattoos?" I asked. Her eyes widened and she nodded. I showed her the birth dates tattoo first.

"That's my birthday!" Rose said.

"It is! That's why I got it. And, I also got Mommy's initials." I said, taking off my wedding ring to show my little Rosie girl her mother's initials. Rose smiled at them and said that she liked them. When Jake came down, I showed him the tattoos and he liked them too. After dinner, Y/n and I put the kids to bed. We still had some time before we would go to bed, so we cuddled on the couch.

"I think the fact that you got my initials tattooed on you is growing on me." Y/n suddenly said, causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah?" I asked. She looked up at me and nodded.

"Yeah." She said. I stared at her for a moment before starting to speak.

"God you're so damn gorgeous. Oh my gosh." I said. Y/n buried her face in my chest as she blushed. "No, no, no. Come on pretty girl, show me that gorgeous face of yours." I said, causing Y/n to pick her head up.

"There, you saw it. Happy?" She asked. I pulled her closer to me.

"Very." I said. There was a comfortable silence between us before she spoke.

"Who would have thought that when I met you at that Justin Timberlake concert, we would someday be married with two kids and wanting a third?" Y/n asked. I chuckled.

"Y/n?" I asked. She looked up at me again.

"Yes handsome?" She asked, causing me to blush.

"I love you. Thank you for being my wife and giving me the two greatest gifts ever. I mean really, Jake and Rose... they're my everything." I said with a smile, which Y/n returned with one of her own.

"I love you too, and you're welcome. Now come on, Mister Tatted, let's go to bed." She said, causing me to laugh. I held her hand as we walked up the stairs and into our bedroom. We got underneath the covers.

"Good night Mrs. Mendes." I said.

"Good night Mr. Mendes. I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said with a smile as she placed her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around my amazing wife. I love my family, and I'm so glad that they all like my new tattoos.