186. How His Parents See You Guys

Manny Mendes's point of view

It was August sixteenth, 2019 when my phone rang. My son, Shawn Mendes, who is currently on tour right now, was calling me. I immediately answered.

"Hi Shawn." I said.

"Dad, I just met the most beautiful girl in the world and I'm pretty sure that she's the one that I'm going to marry someday." Shawn said.

"Wow. What city are you in right now?" I asked.

"Boston. We met at a Dunkin Donuts. It's some type of coffee and donut shop." Shawn said.

"Did you get her name?" I asked.

"Yup. Her name is Y/n Y/l/n and we even already had our first date. She suggested something for me to order and then after I ordered it, I sat down with her and we talked for two hours." Shawn said. He then began to tell me about her.

"She sounds amazing." I said when he was done talking.

"She really is. Andrew said that he's never seen me like this before." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Did you get her number?" I asked.

"Yup, and we're going to some park in Boston tomorrow to hang out again. She said that not many people go to the park, so we should be fine privacy wise." Shawn said. Him and I continued to talk for a little bit longer before hanging up. I told my wife Karen about the conversation.

"It sounds like our son is in love." She said with a smile, and I nodded. Not too long after they met, Y/n and Shawn started to date, and that December, he brought her up home to Pickering so Karen, Aaliyah and I could meet her.

Karen Mendes's point of view

"Mum! Dad! Y/n and I are here!" Shawn yelled. I rushed over to greet my son and Manny followed close behind.

"Hello there darling. And you must be Y/n. Oh you're so pretty!" I said to her. She blushed.

"Thank you. You have a lovely home Mr. and Mrs. Mendes." She said.

"Oh please, call us Karen and Manny." Manny said. I nodded. Shawn then brought Y/n in to meet Aaliyah, and Aaliyah and Y/n seemed to hit it off right away. Shawn smiled at them as he watched them talk. Soon, it was time for dinner and we all sat down to eat and talk.

"So, Y/n, tell us about yourself." I requested. Her face suddenly turned red. Shawn put his arm around her shoulders and gave her shoulders a gentle squeeze. She smiled at him.

"She's just a little shy." Shawn said. We all nodded and then Y/n began to tell us about herself. As soon as dinner was over, I pulled Shawn aside.

"She seems like an absolutely lovely girl." I said. Shawn looked over to where Y/n was sitting on the couch and smiled.

"Isn't she? She's the most gorgeous girl in the world and she has an amazing personality." Shawn said.

"Well, you go back to her. I just wanted to say that." I said. Shawn nodded and I watched as Y/n's whole face lit up when she saw Shawn walking towards her. I smiled. I have a good feeling about the two of them.

Two years later Shawn came over to the house with Y/n. We all sat down at the dining room table. Shawn and Y/n seemed slightly nervous but I couldn't figure out why.

"Is everything okay?" I finally asked them. They nodded.

"Yeah, we just, um, wanted to talk to you guys about something." Shawn said. Manny, Aaliyah and I all nodded.

"What is it?" I asked. Shawn cleared his throat and Y/n looked at him. I smiled when I saw the love in her eyes.

"Well, Y/n and I want to move in together." Shawn said. We all cheered.