44. You Go To The Studio

A/n: for this one, let's pretend that Shawn is still working on SM3, shall we? Okay, let's begin!

Today I'm tagging along with Shawn to go to the studio and I'm really excited. I just hope I'm not a distraction. I became quiet in the car while thinking about this.

"You okay honey?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, I just hope that I'm not a distraction." I said. Shawn pulled the car over and turned to me.

"Y/n Y/l/n, you are not a distraction. Never say that ever again. Okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded as he rubbed my cheek.

"Okay. Sorry." I said.

"It's okay baby girl." Shawn said. We soon arrived at the studio and Shawn hopped out and ran around so he could open my door. I giggled.

"You're quite the gentleman Shawn." I said. He bowed, causing me to laugh.

"Well thank you, my dear." Shawn said.

"You're welcome my love." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek as he interlaced our fingers and we walked inside.

"Hey Shawn, I didn't know Y/n was coming." Andrew said. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah it's still summer so she has no school so I figured I'd bring her in. She can be my motivation. Every time I finish a song, I get a kiss." Shawn said while looking at me. I nodded.

"Sounds good with me." I said. Shawn smiled and kissed my forehead, causing me to smile. Shawn started his first song and I sat down on the couch. I listened intently, focusing only on the sound of his voice and the words that were coming out of his mouth. Shawn soon finished the song and sat down on the couch with me.

"How did I sound?" Shawn asked nervously.

"Wonderful my love." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled at me.

"Thank you baby girl. I have to start the next song." Shawn said, patting my leg.

"Alright sweetie." I said, giving him a small kiss.

"No, no, no, I want better than that." Shawn said. I giggled and leaned forward. I put my lips on his and felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks. I pulled away.

"All right, back to work you go." I said. Shawn groaned but went back to work. In between songs, Shawn would take small breaks and come sit with me to see how I was doing.

"Shawn?" Andrew asked.

"Yes?" Shawn asked.

"Can I talk to you for a second please?" Andrew asked.

"But I'm spending time with my baby girl." Shawn said.

"I know, but I need to talk to you." Andrew said. Shawn nodded and walked with Andrew to another room. I soon heard yelling. Oh no. I looked at Teddy. Her eyes were wide. Shawn stormed into the room, grabbed his keys, and looked at me.

"Come on babe, let's go." Shawn said.

"But you have work to do." I said, feeling confused.

"I know, I'll do it some other time." Shawn said.

"Okay." I said, not wanting to question anything further. I stood up, held onto Shawn's hand, and we left.

"Bye everyone." Shawn said, and I waved to everyone. Shawn and I got in the car and started to leave.

"What was that about?" I asked Shawn.

"Andrew was being an asshole." Shawn said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's nothing." Shawn said.

"It's obviously something if you stormed out of there." I said.

"He thinks that you're a distraction. You're not. You're my motivation, my muse, my everything." Shawn said.

"At least I'm your everything. So that's why he's never liked me?" I said and asked.

"Yup. He feels that I spend too much time with you." Shawn said.

"That's ridiculous. We're boyfriend and girlfriend, of course we spend time together." I said. Shawn nodded and put his hand on my thigh.

"I love you baby girl." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said. Shawn and I soon arrived at home and we spent the rest of the day relaxing. "Wait." I said as we sat on the couch.

"What's up my love?" Shawn asked.

"Does anyone else think that I'm a distraction?" I asked. Shawn paused before speaking.

"Well... Geoff does too." Shawn said. I've always liked Geoff. I thought that he liked me too.

"Oh. Okay." I said.

"Don't worry about it baby." Shawn said. I nodded and cuddled up to him.

"You're the love of my life." I said. Shawn hummed.

"You're the love of mine." Shawn said. I smiled at him. It was soon time for bed and we snuggled up to each other.

"Goodnight honey." Shawn said.

"Goodnight Shawny." I said, and with that, we fell into a peaceful slumber. I'm so lucky to have a protective boyfriend.