147. Everybody Meets Rose

I laid in bed while feeling exhausted. Just a week ago, I gave birth to mine and my husband Shawn Mendes's first baby, Rose Lucille Mendes. We spent two days in the hospital after she was born, but now we're home. As I laid in bed, I heard Rose cry again, and started to get up and out of bed. I soon felt a hand gently grab my wrist and pull me back down.

"Don't worry honey, I got her." Shawn said. I nodded and put my head back down on the pillow. About a minute later, I heard footsteps, signaling to me that Shawn was coming back in the room. "Hey honey?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I think that she needs to be fed." Shawn said. I sat up and lifted up my shirt as I took Rose. She latched onto me pretty quickly and I fed her. Soon, she was done.

"There you go Rose, all done." I said.

"Sorry to wake you." Shawn said.

"It's okay. I'm her mommy, I'm supposed to feed her. Why don't you go put her back in her crib and then we can cuddle, okay?" I asked.

"Okay." Shawn said, and left the room. He soon came back, but without Rose this time. As soon as he got under the covers, he gently pulled me close to him.

"I love you Shawn." I slurred since I was so tired. Shawn chuckled before kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." Shawn said, and him and I soon fell back asleep. After a few more hours, Shawn and I were once again woken up to the sound of Rose crying, but this time, it was morning. Shawn and I both got up and went to Rose.

"What's wrong my sweetie?" I asked Rose as I picked her up. I sniffed her butt and made a face, causing Shawn to laugh.

"Does she need a diaper change?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yes." I said.

"Here let me do it." Shawn said.

"No, why don't you go make some of your delicious pancakes and I'll change her?" I offered. Shawn thought for a moment before kissing my cheek and nodding.

"Okay." Shawn said as he left the room. I changed her diaper and then carried her downstairs so I could put her in her high chair. Shawn smiled when he saw me walk into the room. After I put Rose in her high chair, I walked up so I was behind Shawn, and wrapped my arms around his shirtless torso. I placed a gentle kiss on his gorgeous back before resting my head there.

"Can Rose just stay this little forever?" I asked, causing Shawn to laugh.

"I wish honey. She's so cute and adorable and beautiful." Shawn said. I smiled because I could hear the pride in his voice.

"She's going to be a real heartbreaker when she gets older." I said. I could feel Shawn tense up.

"She's not allowed to date until she's thirty, maybe even forty." Shawn said, causing me to giggle. "I'm serious."

"Shawn, come on, be realistic." I said. Shawn finished up the first pancake and turned around to face me.

"No. She's my little Rosie girl. I don't want her growing up." Shawn said while looking over at his daughter.

"I know, but she's going to, whether we like it or not." I said. Shawn nodded and then went back to the pancakes. He was soon finished and I got some baby food and fed Rose as Shawn ate his pancakes. Once Rose was done eating, I ate. Shawn stayed at the table the whole time.

"Did you know that you two are my pride and joys?" Shawn asked as I picked Rose up out of her high chair. I smiled.

"We are?" I asked. Shawn nodded and walked over to Rose and I.