136. "Daddy Come Home." pt. 2

Recently my daughter Rose Lucille Mendes got very upset when I told her that her father, my husband, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, wouldn't be home for another month and a half. When we FaceTimed Shawn, she told him that she hated him, but they eventually made up and everything was better again.

Today is the day that my husband comes home from tour after being away for a long time. The kids are extremely excited, and so am I. I've missed my husband so much and I just want to hug him and kiss him and cuddle with him. I dressed Rose up in a youth hoodie and gray leggings. Jake also wore a youth hoodie but with black pants - just like his father, which isn't bad. I decided that I would match with the kids, so I wore black leggings, a blue long sleeve, and a youth hoodie. The kids and I impatiently waited for Shawn to come home, and soon the door swung open. Shawn dropped his luggage, squatted down, and opened up his arms for his precious children to run into.

"DADDY!" Rose yelled.

"Come here sweet pea. Come here Jakey boy." Shawn said as the ran over to him. I stood up and watched in awe of this man who used to be so afraid to hold a child, yet now he has a five year old and a three year old. Shawn picked them up and held one on each hip. Once they got comfortable, he looked at me and his smiled widened. I walked over to him.

"Welcome home Mr. Mendes." I said with a smile.

"Thank you Mrs. Mendes. It feels good to be home, especially now that I can be with my sweets." Shawn said looking at his kids who are also his pride and joy. He likes to refer to Jake, Rose, and I as his sweets, which I think is really cute.

"Daddy are you going to play with me now?" Rose asked as Shawn set her and Jake down.

"Daddy's pretty tired from the long plane ride, so I'm going to take a nap. Why don't you and Jake take a nap in your beds and Mommy and I will nap in our bed?" Shawn asked. Jake and Rose nodded and went upstairs and into their rooms. Shawn walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his strong shoulders. I let my fingers wander up to his hair, he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I missed you." I said. Shawn pulled away so he could see me but kept his arms wrapped around me and rested his forehead against mine.

"I missed you too my love." Shawn said.

"Let's go nap and cuddle." I said. Shawn nodded and held my hand as we walked up the stairs. As our hands touched, I felt sparks shoot through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. Shawn and I soon got into bed and I put my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

"Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"Hm?" I responded as I tilted my head up to look at him.

"I never got a kiss." Shawn said with a smirk.

"Well maybe we should fix that." I said. Shawn nodded. I propped myself up on my elbows and as soon as our lips met, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I didn't stop kissing until it felt like we couldn't possibly kiss anymore. We pulled away, breathless from our amazingly loving and passionate kiss.

"God I've missed your lips." Shawn said. I giggled quietly.

"Well Shawny, I've missed your lips too." I said as Shawn and I laid back down but this time I let my head rest on the pillow.

"Why aren't you putting your head on my chest honey?" Shawn asked me with a look of confusion etched across his face.

"Is it a crime to want to admire my amazing husband's gorgeously handsome face?" I asked with a smirk. Shawn laughed and wrapped his arm around so he could pull me closer to him.